Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Type 4 civ redux

1. Dec 29, 2008 #1
    I've seen a couple threads about type 4 civilizations, but the most recent one is more than 4 years old.

In these threads, people are talking about what such a civilization would look like.

No one has mentioned Time Lords! I know this is a serious forum, but surely there are some sci-fi geeks all around.

To my knowledge, the Time Lords are the only type 4 civ represented in the main-stream sci-fi market (if you want to call Dr. Who mainstream; the number of people I know who are sci-fi fans and yet know nothing about it is astounding).

Their civilization is millions of years old.

Not only have they harnessed black holes, they invented them.

They have the ability to create dimensions inside other dimensions (hence the TARDIS)

They have removed themselves from the rest of the universe and refuse to get involved in their issues. (The Doctor and the Master have other ideas)

The list goes on..

I know it might not be as serious as other topics, but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted