Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Type I civilizations

1. Dec 29, 2003 #1
    Have we been visited by this type?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2004 #2
    Whether or not we have been visited by extra terrestrials is a debate that will probably go on until something lands in Down Town New York City. If we have been visited by aliens, the odds are that they would be from type II or III, most likely the latter, since we have not been able to detect life as close as would be required for type I travelors to reach us. If said races had technology that hid them from our methods of detection, then it is possible, but highly unlikely. Type III civilizations would exist in regions of space far from our own without stealth technology, and we would never detect visits unless they were from the farther of the possibilities.

It is less than likely that anyone from a type I civilization has paid a visit to Earth unless this occurred in the Martian past.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?