Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

U.S. Dog Owners Fear Arrival of Africanized Fleas

1. Apr 1, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://onion.com/news/index.php?issue=4112&n=1

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2005 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I'd say "bogus", but its from "The Onion". Redundant.

4. Apr 1, 2005 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Russ, have you noticed today's date? :rofl:

5. Apr 1, 2005 #4

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

:rofl: :rofl:

Daniel.

6. Apr 1, 2005 #5
    The picture of the dog is hilarious!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7. Apr 1, 2005 #6
    :rofl: :rofl:

Oh man, that's funny stuff.

That poor dog. :cry:

Good one. Really.

8. Apr 1, 2005 #7

Tsu

Gold Member

Russ has no sense of humor and wouldn't understand it anyway. :rofl: :rofl:

9. Apr 1, 2005 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Tsu, where have you been hiding lately? We've missed watching you torturing folks around here. :tongue2:

10. Apr 1, 2005 #9

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Yes, that's why I was going to say "bogus". But am I the only one who caught the irony of an April fool's joke from The Onion? (That's why I said its redundant)

11. Apr 1, 2005 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, darnit, I can't tell when you're being serious and when you're being sarcastic. That was way too subtle. :biggrin: What, you don't think The Onion is the pinnacle of factual reporting? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Okay, I had a hard time even typing that. :rofl:

12. Apr 1, 2005 #11

Tsu

Gold Member

I've gotten out of the torture business and gone into gardening and painting again. Gotta break out the chain saw again, too. :wink:

13. Apr 1, 2005 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:cry: I wish I could do that too! We had two nice days, and it's back to cold and rainy today. :cry: And tomorrow possibly even snow flurries mixed with the rain. At first I didn't care, because I'm going to be inside most of the day judging that science fair, but then I saw the associated events were supposed to include hovercraft rides, which I'm sure are supposed to be outside and will be cancelled if there's rain. :cry: I wanted to go on a hovercraft ride!

14. Apr 1, 2005 #13
    Poor dogs :cry:

*looks at weather, sees high 60s/low 70s and sun, smiles at MB*

15. Apr 1, 2005 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I hate you. :mad:

:tongue2:

16. Apr 1, 2005 #15

SOS2008

Gold Member

Shhh - don't mention this around you know who. The high today was 81 degrees, but don't hate me just because it's beautiful here...because when it's 115 degrees, it will be pay-back time. :frown:

17. Apr 2, 2005 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

But it's a dry heat, right? I was out in Davis, CA one summer and the temperature hit something like 110 degrees. Everyone was complaining about the heat, trying to stay refrigerated in air-conditioning, but there was practically no humidity and I was LOVING it! There's a good chance I'm part lizard. Just find me a hot rock to sit on and I'm happy. :biggrin:

18. Apr 2, 2005 #17

SOS2008

Gold Member

Yeh, like sticking your head in an oven. :yuck:
    You know, based on Moonbear Metabolism Theory, this might be the place for you...well except there is the tribdog obsession, and I don't want any friendly fire 'round here, and would this mean you won't bake any more cakes?

19. Apr 2, 2005 #18

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I grew up in Southern and Northern California. By the time Tsu and were married and living in the San Fernando Valley, I reached the point that I could hardly stand the heat. I used to love the heat and spent much of my free time as a youth desert biking, high desert and mountain backpacking, engaged in beach and lake activities of all sorts...pretty much any kind of fun in the sun. But one day it was like someone hit a switch and suddenly I hated it. Perhaps it had something to do with years spent in my teens doing very demanding, manual labor jobs like digging ditches, running jack hammers etc, in extreme heat - 100+ degrees. I have been in rainy Oregon for 15 years now and still love the rain, cold foggy days, snow storms, and ice storms. And if it hits 75 degrees I'm complaining about the heat.

20. Apr 2, 2005 #19

SOS2008

Gold Member

That's why people get cabins in the mountains here (my dream). Maybe we should start a PF Exchange Program?

21. Apr 2, 2005 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, nothing to fear. I've gotten over my tribdog obsession. He's all yours if you want him. Just remember to hide the matches.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?