Transferred to UBC engineering

In summary, the conversation is about a student transferring to UBC engineering and needing to complete two first year courses (chem 154 and apsc 150) while completing their degree. The student plans to take chem 154 in their second year and apsc 150 in their third year. They are asking if this plan will work and thanking the other person for their input. The other person suggests talking to an academic counsellor for more information and mentions the possibility of a heavy course load. The student also shares their timetable and expresses their confidence in the other person's advice, to which they respond with a joke about their past experience as an ensci student.
kougou
Hi

I transferred to UBC engineering, and I need to completed two first year courses (chem 154 and apsc 150) while completing my degree.
I am planning to take chem 154 in my second year while finishing apsc 201 over the summer.
And also take apsc 150 in third year since I already have a transfer credit for a elective.

Will that work out?

thank you for the input!

Physics news on Phys.org
You really should at least link information for these course. Unless someone on here is from UBC engineering, you are unlikely to get any helpful results. Along with this, it is probably best to ask your academic counsellor these questions (that is what they are there for!) as they would know this sort of stuff inside and out.

All I can say is, APSC150 sounds to me like an engineering design course (?). If that is the case, I feel like you would need to complete it before APSC201, which seems to be a logical follow up.

Assuming these courses aren't necessary prereqs for anything, you should be able to take them whenever as long as you can manage the additional courseload.

nicholls said:
You really should at least link information for these course. Unless someone on here is from UBC engineering, you are unlikely to get any helpful results. Along with this, it is probably best to ask your academic counsellor these questions (that is what they are there for!) as they would know this sort of stuff inside and out.

All I can say is, APSC150 sounds to me like an engineering design course (?). If that is the case, I feel like you would need to complete it before APSC201, which seems to be a logical follow up.

Assuming these courses aren't necessary prereqs for anything, you should be able to take them whenever as long as you can manage the additional courseload.

please see my timetable, all my worries are at monday, at which I will have lab from 2-5 and tutorial from 5 to 7:30

You will be fine. I have had plenty of 9 hour days in my engineering degree. And some 10, 11 hour days too.

It is exhausting, but easily doable.

nicholls said:
You will be fine. I have had plenty of 9 hour days in my engineering degree. And some 10, 11 hour days too.

It is exhausting, but easily doable.

I am counting on you.

kougou said:
I am counting on you.

Haha, don't count on me too much. Best to talk to an academic counsellor.

nicholls said:
Haha, don't count on me too much. Best to talk to an academic counsellor.

I see you were a ensci student, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
kougou said:
I see you were a ensci student, right?

Yes, so according to some people on this forum, I possesses godlike abilities :P.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the process for transferring to UBC engineering?

The process for transferring to UBC engineering will vary depending on your current educational background. Generally, you will need to meet the admission requirements and submit an application through the UBC Admissions website. It is recommended to contact the UBC Engineering Undergraduate Office for specific instructions and guidance.

2. What are the admission requirements for transferring to UBC engineering?

The admission requirements for transferring to UBC engineering will also vary depending on your current educational background. However, in general, you will need to have completed a minimum number of credits in specific courses, maintain a competitive GPA, and meet any additional requirements for your chosen engineering program. It is best to consult the UBC Admissions website for the most up-to-date requirements.

3. Can I transfer to UBC engineering from a different university?

Yes, it is possible to transfer to UBC engineering from a different university. However, you will need to meet the admission requirements and submit an application through the UBC Admissions website. You may also need to provide transcripts and course outlines from your current university for evaluation.

4. What is the application deadline for transferring to UBC engineering?

The application deadline for transferring to UBC engineering will depend on your current educational background. For most programs, the application deadline is January 15 for the September intake. However, it is recommended to check the UBC Admissions website for specific deadlines and any changes that may occur.

5. Are there any specific scholarships or financial aid available for transfer students to UBC engineering?

Yes, there are specific scholarships and financial aid available for transfer students to UBC engineering. These may include awards for academic excellence, financial need, or specific engineering programs. You can find more information about available scholarships and financial aid on the UBC Engineering website or by contacting the UBC Engineering Undergraduate Office.