1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ubc ece

1. Aug 16, 2012 #1
    Hi

I transferred to UBC engineering, and I need to completed two first year courses (chem 154 and apsc 150) while completing my degree.
    I am planning to take chem 154 in my second year while finishing apsc 201 over the summer.
    And also take apsc 150 in third year since I already have a transfer credit for a elective.

Will that work out?

thank you for the input!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 16, 2012 #2
    You really should at least link information for these course. Unless someone on here is from UBC engineering, you are unlikely to get any helpful results. Along with this, it is probably best to ask your academic counsellor these questions (that is what they are there for!!) as they would know this sort of stuff inside and out.

All I can say is, APSC150 sounds to me like an engineering design course (?). If that is the case, I feel like you would need to complete it before APSC201, which seems to be a logical follow up.

Assuming these courses aren't necessary prereqs for anything, you should be able to take them whenever as long as you can manage the additional courseload.

4. Aug 16, 2012 #3

please see my timetable, all my worries are at monday, at which I will have lab from 2-5 and tutorial from 5 to 7:30

5. Aug 17, 2012 #4
    You will be fine. I have had plenty of 9 hour days in my engineering degree. And some 10, 11 hour days too.

It is exhausting, but easily doable.

6. Aug 17, 2012 #5
    I am counting on you.

7. Aug 17, 2012 #6
    Haha, don't count on me too much. Best to talk to an academic counsellor.

8. Aug 17, 2012 #7
    I see you were a ensci student, right?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
  9. Aug 17, 2012 #8
    Yes, so according to some people on this forum, I possess godlike abilities :P.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook