UC Berkeley but some heavy problems

Hi,
I am going to apply to transfer to UC Berkeley for EE and ME dual major. UC Berkeley is my first choice for BS degree. I have completed my 2-year-community college course and my GPA is 3.62. But, I have some major problems that might be a barrier to getting into this great school. I have 4Ws (withdraw) and a D on Calculus I and a F on Calculus II. That's a pain on neck for me. But, all the rest of math, physics and some major subjects are A. Do you think that I can have a chance to get into this school? Do you have any idea and any experience about it?

Can you explain why you got those poor grades on your application? You'll definitely need to do that or admissions officials will assume the worse.

Stephan Hoyer said:
Can you explain why you got those poor grades on your application? You'll definitely need to do that or admissions officials will assume the worse.
At that time, I was depressed with my personal cases. I didn't have time to study. But, I got A on both subjects I got D and F when I took the second time.

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving