1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Uf qtp

1. Nov 4, 2008 #1
    Hi everyone!

So I'm trying to kindle a career in physics. My goal is to be a tenured professor at a research university attacking the superconductivity problem.

I have an issue, though. My qualifications in physics aren't that great, and I have noticed that theoretical physicists (rather than experimentalists) tend to come from the really top schools. So, then, I have two questions:

1) What kind of school do I have to go to in order to be employable (at least enough to support a family!) after I graduate? Do I have to go to the top? (e.g., Harvard, Yale, etc.)
    2) On the note of "reputability", how well-respected are University of Florida and its Quantum Theory Project? Will I be able to get a job and be capable enough to solve or significantly contribute to this big unsolved problem in physics??

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted