UFC Doctors: How Much Do They Get Paid?

• Medical
  • Thread starter Mashes
  • Start date
In summary, the first fight between Bonner and Griffin was stopped due to a nasty cut on Griffin's nose. Griffin is not contracted by the UFC but by a code regulated sports association. These guys (the doctors) are employed by the code regulators themselves, not the UFC. They get paid based on a commission that is set by the code regulators. Griffin and Bonner may or may not have been paid by the UFC, but I am not sure. There is no information given about how much these doctors make.
Mashes
Just doing some homework with the tv on, and UFC Unleashed is on.

The first Bonner/Griffin fight, Griffin gets a nasty cut on his nose so they stop the fight for a moment to have the UFC doctors examine the damage.

How much do you think these guys get paid? Are they hired by the UFC, or some code regulated sports association?

Anything you may now, please do share!

Biology news on Phys.org
What makes you think the UFC isn't a "code regulated sports association"?

Halls of Ivy,

I didn't say there wasn't regulations? In fact I know there are. I asked if you the doctors are employed by the code regulators themselves or by the UFC.

Last Tornado,

I agree that there should be doctors to examine injuries, I never said there shouldn't be actually...By "code regulated sports association", I mean, an association that is responsible for regulating sports codes really, kind of self explanatory. Like electrical code, and all other codes and rule. They're the reason you can't hit in the back of the head and you have to keep a medical expert on hand during these events and all the other of several rules.
^I hope that cleared up your confusion.
Now, do you think they(doctors) are employed by the UFC or the code regulators? How much are these guys bringing down?

Mashes said:
Just doing some homework with the tv on, and UFC Unleashed is on.

The first Bonner/Griffin fight, Griffin gets a nasty cut on his nose so they stop the fight for a moment to have the UFC doctors examine the damage.

How much do you think these guys get paid? Are they hired by the UFC, or some code regulated sports association?

Anything you may now, please do share!

Why do you think they are doctors (i.e. have an MD)? Could they be medics/"first responders"?

Why not contact the UFC directly and ask them?

Andy Resnick said:
Why do you think they are doctors (i.e. have an MD)? Could they be medics/"first responders"?

Why not contact the UFC directly and ask them?

I know because they said specifically that they were going to have the UFC doctors take a look at Griffin, I wouldn't just assume they were doctors, I'm a college student, I know better.

They're a multimillion dollar corporation, do you think they have the time to respond to some dudes email? I don't see that as a plausible possibility, though I could be wrong.

Does anyone know anything about this topic? Don't respond with another question unless it's relevant of course.

Feedback, leave some!

1. How much do UFC doctors typically get paid?

The exact salary of a UFC doctor can vary depending on factors such as experience, location, and specific responsibilities. However, it is estimated that UFC doctors can earn anywhere from $100,000 to $300,000 per year.

2. Do UFC doctors receive any additional benefits or perks?

In addition to their salary, UFC doctors may also receive benefits such as health insurance, retirement plans, and travel expenses for events. They may also have the opportunity to build connections and network with other medical professionals in the sports industry.

3. What qualifications do UFC doctors need to have?

UFC doctors are required to have a medical degree from an accredited university and be licensed to practice medicine in their respective state. They should also have experience in emergency medicine and be knowledgeable about sports-related injuries and treatments.

4. Do UFC doctors have any specific responsibilities during events?

Yes, UFC doctors have several important responsibilities during events. They must conduct pre-fight medical screenings for all participating athletes, be prepared to treat any injuries or medical emergencies that may occur during the event, and ensure the safety and well-being of all fighters.

5. How does the pay for UFC doctors compare to other sports organizations?

The pay for UFC doctors is comparable to other sports organizations such as the NFL and NBA. However, it may vary depending on the specific organization and location. Some sports organizations may also offer additional benefits or perks for their medical staff.