UFO News: Japan's Extraterrestrial Activity

In summary, UFO activity is increasing in Japan, with reports of a luminous object trailing white smoke and an F16 plane on standby.
I think that society has so ingrained the belief that UFO's are science fiction, that short aliens actually interacting with us on a regular basis, I think it would never be accepted

I agree with Shirley Mcclaine- we are not prepared as a society to reconcile the existence of alien life with religion. Most people wouldn't or couldn't easily accept it if an alien shook their hand. We have built our society on the vain assumption that we are the top of the food chain. And the ant doesn't like it when you hold a magnifying glass over him.

Physics news on Phys.org
UFO video'd in nottingham England. Shown on British national media; http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NrG0oYi-Nfw

Looks like a pretty good one. The moving of the camera in time with the object indicates that whatever is on film was actually there when it was filmed, and not added in afterwards.

[Edit] This was a hoax blimp made for a channel four TV show, http://www.apra.org.uk/A_Very_British_UFO_Hoax.htm Whoops!

Damn. it looked like a really good one. :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Close up of Australia UFO photo taken Thursday as a satellite image. Bright lights in corners of triangle clearly visible, but they also raise questions of their origins. Skeptics say these could be fires and the area within the triangle that's darkened is the what's already burned, though the lights seem oddly bright and not leaning in a direction that wind currents might do. [continued]
http://axcessnews.com/index.php/articles/show/id/13832

Funny!

Ivan Seeking said:
http://axcessnews.com/index.php/articles/show/id/13832

Funny!

that one's something on the ground--like a sheep/cow pen or something---look at the way the 'cow path' navigates around the lower right 'corner' of the triangle shape.

This is more noticeable in the 4th photo:

http://axcessnews.com/index.php/articles/show/id/13830

http://axcessnews.com/upload/Image/user_1/australia_ufo_triangle_2146ft.jpg

here there is akin of prove that ufos exist.
well SETI sent signals into Space in code describing ourselves and our components. and the UFOs were polite enough to reply us in a crop circle, there they answered us and describd their components and basic info about them:

here is a video when the message was first sent to space by SETI:

H.M. Murdock said:
here there is akin of prove that ufos exist.
well SETI sent signals into Space in code describing ourselves and our components. and the UFOs were polite enough to reply us in a crop circle, there they answered us and describd their components and basic info about them:

That's your proof?

"Hey, these guys sent us a coded radio message. Do you want us to send one back?"

"No. Instead, let's make a crop circle."

Please.

Poop-Loops said:
That's your proof?

"Hey, these guys sent us a coded radio message. Do you want us to send one back?"

"No. Instead, let's make a crop circle."

Please.

lol yes I forgot we are too advanced for them at least they should treat us like if we were superior than them or something. no guess what, they see us like if we were apes or cave men.

the key thing is that they answered all the things in the message that was sent. and "nobody" knew about it at all. So I doubt a farmer kid in england was able to do that stuff.

Last edited:
...We can certainly say what did not hit our plane, as for what did, we can't be too sure, says officer Nikol Gregori, heading the investigation.

Unofficially, Romanian Ministry of Defense is convinced the object colliding with their Mig is a UFO as it was captured by the Pilot's cabin camera. [continued]
http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/1820/46/
http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2008/06/06/UFOs_hit_Romanian_plane/UPI-35591212793074/

Last edited:
Alien contact covered up, says Apollo veteran Edgar Mitchell
FORMER NASA astronaut and moonwalker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens do exist.

And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,,24069817-5001021,00.html

Click here to listen to Mitchell's interview...
http://www.kerrangradio.co.uk/Article.asp?id=804160&spid=

B. Elliott said:
Alien contact covered up, says Apollo veteran Edgar Mitchell

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,,24069817-5001021,00.html

Click here to listen to Mitchell's interview...
http://www.kerrangradio.co.uk/Article.asp?id=804160&spid=

<groan> This isn't good for NASA or science, or anyone, when he makes claims with no evidence other than "IM a Doctor, and I am an ASTRONAUT".

Its like watching those infomercials. "Hi, I am a doctor, take this homeopathics to cure all your problems".

Edgar Mitchell is a long time looney toon. He founded the Noetic Institute, if that gives any clue.

Mitchell's interests include consciousness and paranormal phenomena. During the Apollo 14 flight he conducted private ESP experiments with his friends on Earth.[3] In early 1973, he founded the nonprofit Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) to conduct and sponsor research into areas that mainstream science has found unproductive, including consciousness research and psychic events.

Mitchell says that a teenage remote healer who lives in Vancouver and uses the pseudonym Adam Dreamhealer, helped heal him of kidney cancer at a distance. Mitchell said that while he never had a biopsy (the definitive test for cancer), "I had a sonogram and MRI that was consistent with renal carcinoma." Adam worked (distantly) on Mitchell from December of 2003 until June of 2004, when the "irregularity was gone and we haven't seen it since."[4]

Mitchell has publicly expressed his opinions that he is "90 per cent sure that many of the thousands of unidentified flying objects, or UFOs, recorded since the 1940s, belong to visitors from other planets"[5] and that UFOs have been the "subject of disinformation in order to deflect attention and to create confusion so the truth doesn't come out."[6] In 2004 he told the St. Petersburg Times that a "cabal of insiders" inside the US Government were studying recovered alien bodies, and that this group had stopped briefing US Presidents after John F. Kennedy.[7] He has said, that "We all know that UFOs are real, now the question is, where they come from."[8]

On July 23, 2008 Edgar Mitchell was interviewed on Kerrang Radio. Mitchell claimed the Roswell crash was real and that Aliens have contacted humans several times but that governments have hidden the truth for 60 years stating, "'I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real." In reply, a spokesman for NASA stated, "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe. Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue."[9] [10]

Edgar Mitchell is one of the astronauts featured in the documentary In the Shadow of the Moon.

As well as academic papers,[11] Mitchell has written two books: Psychic Exploration: A Challenge for Science (ISBN 0-399-11342-8) and The Way of the Explorer (ISBN 1-57270-019-X). In The Way of the Explorer, Mitchell proposed a dyadic model of reality.[12]

He is currently the Advisory Board Chairman of the Institute for Cooperation in Space, co-founded by Dr. Carol Rosin[13] and is a member of INREES.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Mitchell

Noetic Institute

The Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) was co-founded in 1973 by former astronaut Edgar Mitchell and industrialist Paul N. Temple[1] to encourage and conduct research and education programs on mind-body relationships for the purpose of expanding "human possibility by investigating aspects of reality—mind, consciousness, and spirit."[2] Institute programs include research in what they call "extended human capacities," "integral health and healing," and "emerging worldviews". This includes research into spiritual energy, meditation, consciousness, alternative healing, spirituality, human potential, psychic abilities and life after death, among others.[3]

Headquartered in Petaluma, California, the Institute's membership is approximately 35,000.[4] The organization is situated on a 200-acre (80 hectare) campus housing an active retreat and learning center. [5]

The institute's name is derrived from noetic theory, which is concerned with intellectual or rational activity, and proposes the idea of an evolutionary shift in humans to a new species called Homo noeticus, possessing paranormal abilities.

The Institute publishes a quarterly review called Shift: At the Frontiers of Consciousness. However, the Institute lacks accreditation for scientific peer review.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_Noetic_Sciences

Cyrus said:
<groan> This isn't good for NASA or science, or anyone, when he makes claims with no evidence other than "IM a Doctor, and I am an ASTRONAUT".

Its like watching those infomercials. "Hi, I am a doctor, take this homeopathics to cure all your problems".

I don't think that is a valid comparison. He claims to have had access to privileged information - that he has direct knowledge of this claim due to his position and career. Mitchell also claims to have had some kind of profound spiritual experience while on the way to or from the moon.

Either he has become a faith-based true believer, or he is a scammer, or he really knows something. He would sound like a nut no matter which was the case - it becomes a chicken and egg proglem. So on one hand he is easy to dismiss because he sounds nuts, but on the other hand, he is only one of many previously high-ranking military or intelligence people telling approximately the same story. For example, fellow astronaut Gordon Cooper claimed to have witnessed a UFO [flying saucer] landing at a military base...I think it was Edwards AFB, in California. He also claimed to have seen inexplicable crafts while a fighter pilot in WWII.

In fact the list of these names is long and impressive. Be it all bull or not, these stories don't all come from drunk country bumpkins.

the French COMETA report, which was produced by a good number of high-ranking French military people, recently declared that some UFOs "probably are", or perhaps "may be" [I would have to check the report] crafts flown or controlled by ETs.

Last edited:
Evo said:
Edgar Mitchell is a long time loony toon. He founded the Noetic Institute, if that gives any clue.

I don't think this is necessarily fair either.

If someone founds an institute concerning the research of a non-mainstream field, does that classify them as a 'looney toon'?

If so, it follows that US, Soviet and most other superpowers of the world fall into this category. They have all conducted research programs concerning topics such as astral viewing, mind control via drugs etc (albeit for purposes of war). These are not just theories, they did it.

I am not a psychologist, so I don't know the exact border between 'sane' and 'insane', but I'm pretty sure they don't send clinically insane people into space. So unless he has gone crazy since the mission, it is unfair to make a judgment on his mental state.

I agree, he is making some extravagant claims, and seems to have a general fascination with the paranormal (from what I've read). Which puts him in the line of sceptical fire straight away.

Bottom line I think it's a bit hand-waving to dismiss someone's claims because they don't fall in line with our current reality, unless you have evidence to prove otherwise.

People have had crazy ideas in the past; Martin Luther King, Albert Einstein and Louis De Broglie to name but a few, and it turned out they weren't so crazy after all.

G

gareth said:
I am not a psychologist, so I don't know the exact border between 'sane' and 'insane', but I'm pretty sure they don't send clinically insane people into space. So unless he has gone crazy since the mission, it is unfair to make a judgment on his mental state.
Actually, I once read an article that made the point that astronauts by definition must be mentally unbalanced. To be the best of the best, and then to strive so hard to be the best of that lot requires an almost inhuman level of drive and sacrifice. But here's the kicker: on top of that, they are also expert compartmentalizers - since they'll then have to fool the psyhcologists into thinking that (other than their drive to strap themselves to a bomb), they are very well-adjusted and not a seething mass of competitive testosterone.

Perhaps a bit melodramatic, but food for thought...:rolleyes:

gareth said:
I'm pretty sure they don't send clinically insane people into space.

Let's not forget http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/05/space.love/index.html" lady! :rolleyes:

gareth said:
...it is unfair to make a judgment on his mental state.

Actually, the objection that I have is that we have people here playing doctor. Who here is qualified to made judgements about his mental state?

Crackpot medical opinions will not be tolerated.

Although not new news, Gordon Cooper, one of the astronauts involved with Project Mercury also claims that alien spacecraft have visited Earth. He states that he witnessed seeing at least a few different UFOs in this interview.

http://www.youtube.com/v/dvPR8T1o3Dc&hl

It's interesting that they (astronauts who have seen UFO's), seem to make the judgement that they are indeed alien spacecraft with another race from the far off reaches of space behind the wheel when they see a UFO.

From their interviews they seem to have just seen flying saucers, strange craft etc. They don't seem to consider the possibility that they were of earthly origin at all.

Perhaps their position in security cirlces etc. gave them the attitude of "if we did have such technology, we'd know about it!". Usually when people see a UFO from earth, their reports describe the object but they are hesitant to speculate what it is, why? Because they don't know what it is.

Any thoughts?

Do they ever say where they saw these UFO's? Do foreign Astronauts claim to have seen UFO's?

I ask because I'd find it odd that there would be some sort of scheduling conflict between a very popular program, i.e. space flight, and something very top secret like testing new spacecraft . Of course, for all I know part of the test could be to fly around the world, so it would be unavoidable, or possibly other countries' secret testing, but even then, NASA doesn't keep dates of space flights like that secret, does it?

WarPhalange said:
I ask because I'd find it odd that there would be some sort of scheduling conflict between a very popular program, i.e. space flight, and something very top secret like testing new spacecraft .

Good point, if they wanted to keep a new technology secret, flight tests during a heavily publicised NASA space launch is not the best time to do it I suppose.

So I guess it can be broken down to a few possibilities (assuming their testamonies are real);

1) They are indeed craft manned by ET's and they're flying around earth, trying not to shock us too much by not landing on the whitehouse lawn

2) They are of earthly origin, and been spotted by a few people doesn't really bother them

3) They are back-engineered ET craft, but for some reason don't mind being seen by NASA austronauts

Maybe this just gives rise to more questions

Do they describe anywhere what it is they saw? Could be some sort of natural phenomenon.

gareth said:
1) They are indeed craft manned by ET's and they're flying around earth, trying not to shock us too much by not landing on the whitehouse lawn

That's one of the arguments I've heard. That ET's are trying to get people used to the idea of aliens and stuff like that so that when they do land on the White House lawn people will simply be like "Oh. Okay." instead of freaking out. Don't humans do that too when they try to get closer to some wild animals? Just gradually get closer and leave some of their stuff around so the animal get used to the smell?

WarPhalange said:
Don't humans do that too when they try to get closer to some wild animals? Just gradually get closer and leave some of their stuff around so the animal get used to the smell?

That's a funny analogy! And I've heard that theory before concerning the gradual acceptance of ET life. Some people speculate that we are not 'mature' enough on the evolutionary scale to accept the idea.

But it begs the question, why not just wait? Why fly around Earth wasting your time being spotted once every few months, don't they have alien jobs to go to?

And the other question that crops up a lot, why bother with us at all? If we were an extremely technologically advanced civilisation and could travel throughout the universe, visiting other planets and races, would we bother going to a planet that are cave dwelers in comparison and slowly introduce ourselves over many years or even thousands of years? Just to say hi, your not alone in the universe, and then leave again? I suspect not, we would have better things to do.

There are a few interviews and stuff on youtube with a couple of astronauts, but from what I've heard they have just seen 'craft' which they have assumed to be intelligently controlled, flying in formation etc. But I suppose they could be natural phenomena that we don't know about yet but it's quite hard to imagine what, (enexplained changes in direction at high velocity etc).

gareth said:
But it begs the question, why not just wait? Why fly around Earth wasting your time being spotted once every few months, don't they have alien jobs to go to?

Humans study animals all the time. Don't they have anything better to do? The fact is we can learn a lot from other life forms, so maybe these ET's are just studying us in the mean time? Humans are advanced species, but we can't just slice open a bear and tell you how the brain works. Assuming ET's are powerful enough to do that is kind of baseless.

And the other question that crops up a lot, why bother with us at all? If we were an extremely technologically advanced civilisation and could travel throughout the universe, visiting other planets and races, would we bother going to a planet that are cave dwelers in comparison and slowly introduce ourselves over many years or even thousands of years? Just to say hi, your not alone in the universe, and then leave again? I suspect not, we would have better things to do.

Again, why do humans study animals at all? We learn more about ourselves. If we invented teleportation tomorrow, we'd still have people snorkling to study fish and going to the desert to study some lizard.

The "thousands of years" part is what gets me, though. We can't be certain that cave paintings and such are depictions of space craft, but if you assume they are, everything else kind of falls apart. I don't understand why anybody would wait around for a thousand years, either.

There are a few interviews and stuff on youtube with a couple of astronauts, but from what I've heard they have just seen 'craft' which they have assumed to be intelligently controlled, flying in formation etc. But I suppose they could be natural phenomena that we don't know about yet but it's quite hard to imagine what, (enexplained changes in direction at high velocity etc).

If they don't describe what they saw, I can't take it apart. I need observations, not conclusions.

WarPhalange said:
If they don't describe what they saw, I can't take it apart. I need observations, not conclusions.
I'm fairly certain there's just no way a description of any detail will lead to any kind of conclusion. Either you see it for yourself, or you simply take the conclusion of the person that did see it and trust that they can critically analyze at least as well as you can.

An aerospace engineer might be as good a critical thinker as a meteorologist, but if they see a red flashing object going real fast their biases will give them different answers.

That's why I'd like to know what he saw vs. what he thinks it was he saw. It's essentially a multiple-choice question. If you see something, your brain asks "What it A, B, C, or D?" and tries to find the right answer. Well, there could be E and F, but your brain just doesn't know about it, so it can't take it into account.

WarPhalange said:
An aerospace engineer might be as good a critical thinker as a meteorologist, but if they see a red flashing object going real fast their biases will give them different answers.

That's why I'd like to know what he saw vs. what he thinks it was he saw. It's essentially a multiple-choice question. If you see something, your brain asks "What it A, B, C, or D?" and tries to find the right answer. Well, there could be E and F, but your brain just doesn't know about it, so it can't take it into account.
Yes but his 'description' of it will be based on that same information. It's not like his description will come unprocessed, directly from his visual input...

WarPhalange said:

Yes but his 'description' of it will be based on that same information. It's not like his description will come unprocessed, directly from his visual input...

I would agree that you'd want an inexperienced civilian to avoid drawing their own conclusions - they won't have as much of a knowledge base. But a trained astronaut is very experienced at observation and critical thinking around unexpected phenomena. His life often depends on it.

This has gotten far too speculative; esp wrt what ET would do. The rule is that we cannot discuss questions that assume an unproven premise. So, if it is proven that ET is here, then we can discuss the motives and strategy of ETs, but until then we are limited to the specific evidence for alleged UFO events, and claims of personal experience.

Also, this is a UFO news thread. A bit of exchange is fine, but if you want to discuss the psychology of UFO sightings, please start a new thread.

ABC continues its investigative reports.

.."UFOs: Seeing is Believing" takes a serious look at the phenomenon in today's world. The 90-minute special includes interviews with scientists searching for proof of life beyond Earth and UFO witnesses who claim aliens are already here. Building on the original Peter Jennings report in 2005, David Muir reports on new sightings, as well as NASA's current search for life on Mars.

"UFOs: Seeing is Believing," to be broadcast in HDTV, airs on a special edition of "Primetime" Tuesday, September 16 from 9:30 - 11:00 p.m. ET. [continued]
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=5790432

UFO sightings lead to star role on Discovery

By CHRISTOPHER RUVO
The Intelligencer

A national organization that investigates alleged UFO sightings says it has collected titillating data during days of interviews with witnesses of supposed other-worldly aircraft over Bucks County.

While that may encourage true believers, a Franklin Institute astronomer cautioned that folks shouldn't jump to the conclusion that little green men are circling over Southeastern Pennsylvania just because unidentified objects have been glimpsed in the night skies.

John Ventre was in Bucks County this summer with a film crew from the Discovery Channel interviewing residents after a rash of UFO sightings in the area were reported to the Mutual UFO Network, a Colorado-based nonprofit that investigates sightings around the country.

Ventre, MUFON's Pennsylvania coordinator, said much of what he learned in interviews was compelling. He spoke with those who reported the approximately 45 sightings in the Bucks County area during the past three months. [continued]
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/113-09142008-1590562.html

THE truth is out there -- and if a senior garda, a Fianna Fail politician and a pilot are to be believed, aliens are keeping a close eye on us from above.

Dramatic eye-witness testimony was heard at a conference over the weekend which, delegates were told, provided "definitive" proof of recent UFO activity in the skies around north Dublin and Meath.

Footage, filmed on a camera phone at 10.35pm on August 3 near Dunboyne was also played and replayed to over 70 delegates who attended the fifth Irish International UFO conference in Carrick-on-Shannon.

The triangular shaped image, with lights at each point, which appeared to send a red laser-type light towards earth, drew gasps of amazement from the 70 or so delegates who attended the world premiere of the footage [continued]
http://www.independent.ie/national-news/were-not-alone----politician--and-pilot--spot-ufo-1484949.html