High school dropout and have a love for science

In summary, Unit_Zer0 is a new member who is a high school dropout but has a passion for science. They are welcomed by Njorl who mentions that even Einstein was a dropout and encourages Unit_Zer0 to have the right mindset to achieve success. Unit_Zer0 mentions asking a question in the general physics section and Njorl reassures them that it's okay to ask questions, even if they may seem "stupid". Unit_Zer0 then asks about "atom" and Njorl welcomes them to the community and encourages them to continue exploring their love for science.
Unit_Zer0
hi I'm new, I'm a high school dropout and have a love for science. nice to meet you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Unit_Zer0! You realize that Einstein was a high school dropout too right? With the right frame of mind you should be able to get yourself somewhere

thanks for the nice words . i think I've already asked something stupid in the general physics section though.

everybody asks a stupid question, just don't let it happen again.

What are those "atom" things anyway?

It gives you a fresh look at things right?

If you love science, then you're welcome here! Enjoy.

Originally posted by Unit_Zer0
hi I'm new, I'm a high school dropout and have a love for science. nice to meet you.

Great! It will be a pleasure to answer questions without the feeling that I'm doing some kid's homework for him! :wink:

Njorl

What are some common reasons a high school student may choose to drop out?

Some common reasons for dropping out of high school can include personal or family issues, financial struggles, lack of interest in school, and academic difficulties.

How can someone with a love for science continue their education after dropping out of high school?

There are several options for someone with a passion for science to continue their education after dropping out of high school. They can enroll in a GED program to earn their high school equivalency, take online courses or attend a community college to gain college credits, or apply for alternative education programs that focus on science and technology.

Are there any successful scientists who dropped out of high school?

Yes, there are many successful scientists who dropped out of high school. Some notable examples include Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin, and Michael Faraday. However, it is important to note that these individuals all had unique circumstances and were able to continue their education through other means.

Can someone with a high school dropout still pursue a career in science?

Yes, a high school dropout can still pursue a career in science. While a high school diploma is often required for entry-level positions, there are alternative education programs and vocational schools that offer training in various scientific fields. Additionally, many employers value hands-on experience and skills over formal education.

What steps can a high school dropout take to prepare for a career in science?

A high school dropout can take several steps to prepare for a career in science. They can gain hands-on experience through internships or volunteer work, take online courses or attend community college to gain relevant skills and knowledge, and network with professionals in the field. It is also important to continuously learn and stay up-to-date on advancements in the scientific field.