Uh I need a runway, really let me explain

• Thread starter rhody
  • Start date
rhody
Gold Member
Hehe... I still don't have the ZX6 back to street worthy condition, so before it rained tonight I took the beast out for a little spin, I must have a track day hangover, but it was so easy to brake really hard and accelerate around bends it was almost frightening, that's what happens when you senses are amped. There is a residual effect that is hard to describe. I can lean with more confidence (learning to trust the tires to their edges) and am comfortable getting the front end light or barely off the ground now it is like a glove. It has taken over a year and 5500 miles to do so on the beast, who still demands the utmost respect. I am just more comfortable with my ability.

I will say this absolutely, all those excursions to from 60 mph to redline in 2nd and 3rd gear hard on the brakes paid tremendous dividends on the track, my brain new what to expect at speed and the muscle memory reacted with the proper control inputs and body positions peeling off into a corner. I can't describe it any other way, other to say that it felt really good. Now, to get the tape off the little ZX6 and back to street riding after I add more air to the tires.

Rhody... out... big smile... :biggrin:

It's been a while since your last update Rhody, been out this year yet?

rhody
Gold Member
It's been a while since your last update Rhody, been out this year yet?
Plannng a day in June, Loudon, 2 in July NewYorksafety Track and then finsh at Loudon again in Sept. Updgraded the kawi tthis year, tires, exhaust Akro, seat, and lost the baffles and exup down low, should be better, lighter, throttle needs some work as does the quick shifter,if it all beds nicely it should be fun. Thanks for asking May take the BMW to safety track, in fact i may take both bikes, BMW has better suspension but is a handful to ride quick, too much power, whereas after 2nd gear on the Kawi you can pretty much pin it with little drama. Brakes do not have the same feel as the brembo, they feel wooden with lack of feel then hard braking kick in, harder to modulate.

Rhody...

Awesome! I'm so envious of your track days, it would be so cool to rip around a track, pushing your limits without any of the concerns of doing it on the regular road. If I had a sport bike to start, I would try and find one within reasonable distance from me, but I think that would be pretty far considering I'm in redneck Saskatchewan.

I haven't even been out on the road yet with my bike this year, too cold so far, still only warms up to 10c or so during the day here.

rhody
Gold Member
I just thought I would do a fly by and share a smidgen of what I have been up to almost three years later... hard to believe.
I still have the BMW, but now have added a tricked out 2015 Kawasaki H2. Really sweet, again, a one of a kind. Both bikes are ridden on the track as they were
built for, much more confident in riding skill and pace.

H2 before mods
H2 Stock...

H2 after mods
H2 after TLC...

Palmer MA, Trackday
Palmer MA, Trackday

Rhody...

berkeman
Mentor
I just thought I would do a fly by and share a smidgen of what I have been up to almost three years later... hard to believe.
I still have the BMW, but now have added a tricked out 2015 Kawasaki H2. Really sweet, again, a one of a kind. Both bikes are ridden on the track as they were

H2 before mods
H2 Stock...

H2 after mods
H2 after TLC...

Palmer MA, Trackday
Palmer MA, Trackday

Rhody...
Nice! Are those slicks on your bike at the track day? Notice my new ride in my avatar? Hopefully I'll get back to a couple track days with berkeboy this summer...:smile:

Evo
Mentor

H2 before mods
H2 Stock...

H2 after mods
H2 after TLC...

Palmer MA, Trackday
Palmer MA, Trackday

Rhody...
Hey Rhody! Glad to see you, was thinking about you, it's time to trim my little tree. :smile:

fuzzyfelt
Gold Member
Nice to hear, Rhody.

rhody
Gold Member
Berkeman,

Yep those are slicks, got warmers for them, and no drama using them on track.

Evo, Fuzzy,

Nice to see you haven't forgotten me.
I was away for a long time, and my anger with this place has cooled somewhat.
Who knows, I may even post from time to time...
Take care...

http://prntscr.com/akhiy7

Brocks modified H2 beats the H2R's performance in the 1/4 mile and 1 mile top speed.

Rhody...

berkeman
Mentor
Berkeman,

Yep those are slicks, got warmers for them, and no drama using them on track.

Evo, Fuzzy,

Nice to see you haven't forgotten me.
I was away for a long time, and my anger with this place has cooled somewhat.
Who knows, I may even post from time to time...
Take care...

http://prntscr.com/akhiy7

Brocks modified H2 beats the H2R's performance in the 1/4 mile and 1 mile top speed.

Rhody...

Fun video. I may be doing a track day this summer with my new R1. Redline in first gear is a bit over 100mph, so not much opportunity to have fun with it on the roads. Need a track day... Join me and my son?