Evo
Mentor
Oh my.

Just a health FYI.

http://health.discovery.com/centers/sex/libido/goat.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Rach3
What, no peer reviewed research? That "health article" reads like a paid commercial - all testimonials and no substance. Love the "it's been around for 2,000 years, so it works!" part.

Evo
Mentor
Rach3 said:
What, no peer reviewed research? That "health article" reads like a paid commercial - all testimonials and no substance. Love the "it's been around for 2,000 years, so it works!" part.
What, you don't trust the Discovery Channel? Like they would do something just for ratings??? :biggrin:

I personally have no need for goat weed since I don't have a real life.

Rach3
If the Discovery Channel wants to join forces with quacks to scam money out of the gullible or desperate, it's very disturbing, though not a surprise. They used to be for teaching science to the public, not deceiving them for profit.

Evo
Mentor
Rach3 said:
If the Discovery Channel wants to join forces with quacks to scam money out of the gullible or desperate, it's very disturbing, though not a surprise. They used to be for teaching science to the public, not deceiving them for profit.
It's sad, isn't it?

I can't remember the last time I watched something of value on there.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
hmm.. I have a new cheese idea now. Goat-weed-enhanced goat-cheese: the viagara of cheeses. We'll market it as a "hard cheese".

ok, that's it. I'm changing my major to marketing.

Evo said:
It's sad, isn't it?

I can't remember the last time I watched something of value on there.
Just out of curiousity, how exactly did Discovery Channel lose its credibility?
What does/did it do? :redface:

I love the discovery channel, they have American Chopper, American Hot rod, Deadliest Catch, good ole blue collar jobs.

Man, I'm turning into a redneck, huh? :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
hmm.. I have a new cheese idea now. Goat-weed-enhanced goat-cheese: the viagara of cheeses. We'll market it as a "hard cheese".
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This stuff is sold everywhere now. Incredible.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The IT guy for our department is a firm believer in "natural supplements." You should see the pile of pills he takes with his lunch every day! :yuck: Of course, none of the faculty buy into that stuff, so we all give him a hard time over it, and we've all taken our turn poking our head into the lunchroom while he's choking down all those pills to say, "Be careful of the horny goat weed!" He might not need so many supplements if they weren't the part of his diet that most resembled a vegetable. :rolleyes:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
cyrusabdollahi said:
I love the discovery channel, they have American Chopper, American Hot rod, Deadliest Catch, good ole blue collar jobs.

Man, I'm turning into a redneck, huh? :biggrin:
:redface: :shy: :uhh: I've gotten hooked on Deadliest Catch. Those guys are just plain nuts. But, hey, now I can identify the difference between Oppies and Tanners. :approve: I can be a snow crab connoisseur. (I'm ashamed to admit it, but I think I keep watching in the hope that someone will fall overboard...it's horrible, and I know I don't really ever wish it to happen to anyone, but I just have this morbid fascination with the show thinking it's bound to happen and wondering if they'd actually show it if it did :frown:).

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The thing that gets me is that the Billy Goat Weed promises to make one "as horny as a billy goat". Now, I have seen horny billy goats, and I don't see any advantage in walking in circles stiff legged, while peeing on my beard.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
The thing that gets me is that the Billy Goat Weed promises to make one "as horny as a billy goat". Now, I have seen horny billy goats, and I don't see any advantage in walking in circles stiff legged, while peeing on my beard.
:rofl: Especially if there aren't any nanny goats around to appreciate it. :rofl:

Danger
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
I don't see any advantage in walking in circles stiff legged, while peeing on my beard.
And yet, strangely enough, I can envision that quite clearly.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Danger said:
And yet, strangely enough, I can envision that quite clearly.
Envisioning it is easy. It's the uninvisioning that's the hard part. That's an image that will stick with you.

Danger
Gold Member
Too bad this didn't appear a couple of weeks ago. I could have Photoshopped one up and entered it in the 'Things that go bump in the night' contest.

Evo said:
What, you don't trust the Discovery Channel? Like they would do something just for ratings??? :biggrin:
Discovery Channel? What's that?

Oh, you must mean the Autoshop channel. I can see how you might make that mistake.

rcgldr
Homework Helper
been around for 2,000 years
I don't think I'd want to eat anything, much less weed that was 2000 years old.

Why can't some clever American start a rumour that nuclear waste is an aphrodisiac, even better than Rhino horns? Then we could sell the stuff to China.