UK Election: Hopes, Fears & Predictions

• News
  • Thread starter icvotria
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Uk
In summary: I think the Liberal Democrats have a good chance of winning. They've been campaigning hard and I think people are fed up with the Tories. I also think that Labour may lose because the public are really angry with them right now. Tony Blair has definitely earned a lot of hatred over the years, and I think that the public will express that anger at the polls. In summary, everyone is hoping for a Labour win, but fearing a Conservative one. Tony Blair looks suspiciously like Satan to some people. Tony Blair is a great guy, but some people fear that he may have committed crimes while in office. I hope the Lib Dems win, but I think the most likely outcome is a hung parliament.
SOS2008 said:
Does his voice make you cringe, and grimace, and scream "please shut up and go away?" And it's even worse if you look at his horrible face, isn't it? I know what you're talking about. :rofl:

Bush is 100 x worst, no one beats him ! and never will !

Physics news on Phys.org
stoned said:
Which is worse though, the idiot, or the idiot that listens to him? I'm so filled with hate right now. :mad: How on Earth do these awful people manage to get in these positions?

stoned said:
My blind study worked! I was referring to Bush. Of course if I had added that he pontificates with mispronounced words while moving his head like a chicken, then you would have known for sure! :rofl: I feel their pain.

politicians lie, they steal, whatever, but at least they should do it with class

wasteofo2 said:
For the Brits out there, what is the likelyhood/feasability that Blair might not continue on as the PM? What're the procedures for a party changing their Prime Minister? Would he have to step down, would there only have to be a majority within the Labour Party supporting a new PM, would there have to be a majority in the entire Parlaiment supporting a new PM, would Blair have to be impeached - or could they just decide they didn't want him anymore as the PM but let him keep his seat and get a new guy they like better?

I'm not sure on the mechanisms by which he'd do it, but I think it's generally assumed that he's not going to serve a full term. He could stand down any time he wanted, because we've voted Labour in, not Blair (well, I say 'we'...!). I don't believe he has any responsibility to find a successor before he stands down. I think it's just a matter for the Labour party to decide who they want as boss. I'm almost certain that when he does step down, he'll stay in the party, and probably be a backbencher at the very least.

blair's government was discredited but what i found very interesting is that George Galloway won a seat in east london.
Galloway was expelled from labour because of his anti war position and now as independent won seat in mostly bangladeshi-pakistani district. he beat Oona King black-jewish labour politician to the shock of labour who were 100% sure of King victory.
and just recently we hear about accusations of Galloway taking money from Saddam Hussein oil for food programme.they are trying to destroy him every way possible.of course all of their accusations are cooked up by same people who worked on forgeriess leading up to the attack on Iraq.

I lost my respect for Tony Blair long ago.
When he was exposed to be a liar, he drove an honest man into suicide.

So many people are demonizing George Bush these days; however, GB is at the very least a sincere man with his own visions, TB is simply a power-hungry creep.

Last edited: