Help Me Choose: UK or US for My Scholarship

In summary, the scholarship will take the applicant to a boarding school and then to a top university in the UK or US. The best school to get into is Oxford, but to get in one needs to have perfect grades and perfect school reports.
no name
hey all ...
i have just received a scholarship from my country ( arabian country ) :rofl:
this scholarship is either to uk or to us ... and now ... i am confused :confused: to pick one ... i will be sent there to a boarding school for 2 years and then i will be sent to a university ( top university of course ) ... as to what i think to study in the uni ... i am thinking of either Telecom or chemical engineering ( or something related to petrochemicals ) ... and since i didn't visit either uk or us ... i don't no where to go ... soooooooooooo ... i need from u some suggestions about which is better in my case ...
( please explain why UK or US and give reasons please ... include everything ... people there ... way of life ... studying at school ... level of uiversities and level of boarding shools there ... living in the school houses ... name of top boarding school there )))
i would really be very grateful if u could help me :smile: :smile: :smile:

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeerz

Physics news on Phys.org
If you're going to be spending at least 5 years in a foriegn country, visiting it first is an absolute must if you want to make sure that you're going to like the place.

Both countries have some excellent schools and universities, the choice of country is irrelevant in this respect. Generally speaking, you'll find tuition fees are cheaper in the UK, but the cost of living is often lower in the US.

I may be wrong, but you seem to be under the illusion that money will get you a place at the top schools and universities and assume that you'll get accepted into the 'top' schools and universities. This is not the case.

Feel free to post any more specific questions!

Personally I would go for the UK, as to be quite frank, the British government will give you absoloutly everything for nothing, as they have many other asians that have come into the country. For the record, I'm saying how it is, not being racist.

I'm not sure how the US offers, but the UK has one of the best universities in the world, Oxford. But to get into Oxford you need to be a student, the best of the best. Of 10,000 people that would apply to get in, maybe not even 100 would even qualafie to get in. They want nothing but A's and A*'s in all subjects, and perfect school reports.

There are other good top universities too, such as Cambridge, and Queens university in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

thanx a lot ...
any other comments

Paul Wilson said:
Personally I would go for the UK, as to be quite frank, the British government will give you absoloutly everything for nothing, as they have many other asians that have come into the country. For the record, I'm saying how it is, not being racist.

I'm not sure how the US offers, but the UK has one of the best universities in the world, Oxford. But to get into Oxford you need to be a student, the best of the best. Of 10,000 people that would apply to get in, maybe not even 100 would even qualafie to get in. They want nothing but A's and A*'s in all subjects, and perfect school reports.

There are other good top universities too, such as Cambridge, and Queens university in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

The top comment is arse-talk. There are MANY countries in Asia which have lesser tuition fees than England and still has good quality education.

If one is so desperate to get into Oxbridge, i wouldn't bother applying it for undergraduate unless, as wilson said, you have straight As. (i personally think it is ridiculous). But you can just enter as a post graduate if you REALLY want the reputation that much to do your Ph.D.

thanx

1. Should I choose the UK or US for my scholarship?

This is a personal decision that depends on your specific goals and preferences. Both the UK and US offer excellent opportunities for education and research. Consider factors such as the program and university rankings, cost of living, location, and career prospects to determine which is the best fit for you.

2. What are the main differences between studying in the UK and US?

The UK and US have different education systems, with the UK focusing on specialized study in a specific field and the US offering a broader liberal arts education. The UK also has shorter program durations, while US programs tend to be longer. Additionally, the cost of education and living expenses can vary between the two countries.

3. How do I apply for scholarships in the UK and US?

The application process for scholarships in the UK and US may differ depending on the specific scholarship and university. It is important to carefully research and follow the application guidelines provided by the scholarship provider. Generally, you will need to submit academic transcripts, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, and personal essays.

4. Can I apply for scholarships in both the UK and US?

Yes, you can apply for scholarships in both the UK and US. However, keep in mind that some scholarships may have restrictions on the countries where the scholarship can be used. Make sure to thoroughly read the eligibility requirements before applying.

5. Are there any cultural differences between the UK and US that I should consider?

Both the UK and US have diverse and multicultural societies. However, there may be some cultural differences to consider, such as language, customs, and social norms. It is important to research and familiarize yourself with the culture of the country you will be studying in to ensure a smooth transition.