1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

UK Universities

1. Dec 29, 2004 #1
    Do any of you have experience with UK Universities? I'm looking particularly at Sheffield and St. Andrews.

If so, what did you think about the school and the community?

My interests are in Finance, Chemistry and Math.

Thank you for any insight into these schools and surrounding areas.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 29, 2004 #2
    I can't say stuff about those particular universities, as I don't know anything about them to be honest. You'll be able to find out lots of stuff here though.
  4. Jan 6, 2005 #3
    I'm currently studying at Sheffield working towards my masters in Nuclear Waste Immoblisation. The area here is great. The people are friendly, and the climate is okay... think Seattle for the climate. As for the subjects that you're interested in, I couldn't start to tell you how the programs are here. However, if you want to know more about the surrounding areas, and pubs, let me know.
  5. Jan 7, 2005 #4
    You could also possibly look at Imperial college as it is one of the best for the sciences.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?