Experiences at UK Universities - Sheffield & St. Andrews

In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for insights and experiences with UK universities, specifically Sheffield and St. Andrews, in relation to the school and community, as well as the subjects of Finance, Chemistry, and Math. One person shares their experience studying at Sheffield and mentions the friendly community and moderate climate, but is unable to provide information on the mentioned subjects. They also suggest looking into Imperial College for the sciences.
Azrioch
Do any of you have experience with UK Universities? I'm looking particularly at Sheffield and St. Andrews.

If so, what did you think about the school and the community?

My interests are in Finance, Chemistry and Math.

Thank you for any insight into these schools and surrounding areas.

:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
I can't say stuff about those particular universities, as I don't know anything about them to be honest. You'll be able to find out lots of stuff here though.

Azrioch said:
Do any of you have experience with UK Universities? I'm looking particularly at Sheffield and St. Andrews.

If so, what did you think about the school and the community?

My interests are in Finance, Chemistry and Math.

Thank you for any insight into these schools and surrounding areas.

:smile:
I'm currently studying at Sheffield working towards my masters in Nuclear Waste Immoblisation. The area here is great. The people are friendly, and the climate is okay... think Seattle for the climate. As for the subjects that you're interested in, I couldn't start to tell you how the programs are here. However, if you want to know more about the surrounding areas, and pubs, let me know.

You could also possibly look at Imperial college as it is one of the best for the sciences.

1. What are the top universities in Sheffield and St. Andrews?

According to the latest rankings, the top universities in Sheffield are the University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University. The top university in St. Andrews is the University of St. Andrews.

2. What are the most popular fields of study at these universities?

In Sheffield, the most popular fields of study include engineering, medicine, and business. In St. Andrews, the most popular fields of study are humanities, social sciences, and sciences.

3. What is the student life like at these universities?

The student life at both Sheffield and St. Andrews is vibrant and diverse. Both cities have a large student population, with plenty of opportunities for socializing, sports, and cultural activities. The universities also offer a range of clubs and societies for students to get involved in.

4. What are the accommodation options for students in Sheffield and St. Andrews?

Both universities offer a variety of accommodation options for students, including on-campus halls of residence and off-campus apartments. The cost of accommodation varies depending on the type and location, but students can also choose to live in shared houses or flats with other students.

5. Are there opportunities for international students at these universities?

Yes, both Sheffield and St. Andrews are popular choices for international students. The universities offer support services for international students, including language courses and cultural events. There are also opportunities for international students to study abroad or participate in exchange programs.