Discover the G Spot: Ultrasound Scans Uncover Its Location

• Medical
  • Thread starter Q_Goest
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ultrasound
In summary, the "G spot" has been identified and it is a thick layer of tissue on the front vaginal wall. It has been identified using ultrasound scans and if you are looking for it, you can find it on the website listed. If you are a woman without a G spot, it is likely that you are not aware of it. It appears that with the help of a partner, most women can experience vaginal orgasms.
Q_Goest
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Seems the illusive "G spot" has been identified. Take a look for it here!
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20026872.500-ecstasy-over-g-spot-therapy.html
It's a thick layer of tissue on the front vaginal wall which has been identified using ultrasound.

And if you actually want to see ultrasound pictures of it, check this out.
http://www.newscientist.com/article...und-nails-location-of-the-elusive-g-spot.html

I guess what strikes me is that so many women might not know about their own anatomy, and how few men know enough to help out their partners. From the article, only 5 of the 8 women 'knew' about their own G-spot. (I'm sure 100% of men know about theirs!)
Ultrasound scans on 30 women uncovered G spots in just eight of them and when these women were asked if they had vaginal orgasms during sex, only five of them said yes. However, when the remaining three were shown their G spots on the scan and given advice on how to stimulate it, two of them subsequently "discovered" the joy of vaginal orgasms. "This demonstrated, although in a small sample, the use of [vaginal ultrasound] in teaching the vaginal orgasm," Jannini says.
Ok folks, get to work with your partners and start the search! :wink:

Biology news on Phys.org
I was certain this was a troll thread. Hahaha

So women without G-spots are stuck, huh? Sucks. =/

WarPhalange said:
I was certain this was a troll thread. Hahaha

So women without G-spots are stuck, huh? Sucks. =/

Nope. There's a more easily accessible spot that works very well.

Hm, only 8/30? I know not everyone has one, but that is somehow a lower ratio than I would have expected.

Also... Is it just me, or is it kind of weird that we're only this year seeing this kind of research done for the first time? It seems like this is the kind of thing that could have, and should have, been done 50 years ago. Hasn't ultrasound detection been around since like the late 40s? It seems weird that we don't have a "this is what percentage of women have a g-spot" to compare that 8/30 number to (wikipedia links a study that appears to have an estimate of that number, but it was based on a survey that seemed to have highly nonrandom sampling/return rates and anyway the data can't be accessed without a SpringerLink subscription), or that any research before this year can't even rely on the idea of it being medically established the g-spot exists! Is this kind of research really just that hard to do or have people been avoiding attacking the subject?

Math Is Hard said:
Nope. There's a more easily accessible spot that works very well.

:rolleyes: Pfft, even I know that... where is it...?

I was referring to vaginal orgasms. They can't grow their G-spots apparently. Only those who have them can harness their power.

What about transplants? Could I take some dead woman's G-spot and put it in another woman that needs one? How much do you think I should charge for that?

Hi Coin,
Coin said:
Hm, only 8/30? I know not everyone has one, but that is somehow a lower ratio than I would have expected.
This is something that struck me as well. It's almost like saying that only 8 out of 30 women have 5 fingers, the rest only have 4. The women with 4 fingers can do everything the women with 5 fingers can do, but there's this anatomical difference that is totally unlike anything else. People have different facial features or skin color, but here's a difference that is totally unlike any other I can think of.

Coin said:
Also... Is it just me, or is it kind of weird that we're only this year seeing this kind of research done for the first time? It seems like this is the kind of thing that could have, and should have, been done 50 years ago. Hasn't ultrasound detection been around since like the late 40s? It seems weird that we don't have a "this is what percentage of women have a g-spot" to compare that 8/30 number to (wikipedia links a study that appears to have an estimate of that number, but it was based on a survey that seemed to have highly nonrandom sampling/return rates and anyway the data can't be accessed without a SpringerLink subscription), or that any research before this year can't even rely on the idea of it being medically established the g-spot exists! Is this kind of research really just that hard to do or have people been avoiding attacking the subject?
Seems to me it's one of those taboo subjects that women feel very embarrassed talking about and men are largely oblivious of, and I think that’s the main reason you don’t see much of this research being done and what IS done is largely overlooked because it’s such a touchy topic.

What I've seen however, is that these kinds of topics come out of the closet a bit more as we get older. Women I've talked to about similar topics who are in their 40's are more open to discussing their own experiences and from what I've seen, many of them are dissatisfied with their sex life, and that leads to problems in the marriage. I wonder sometimes if people about to get married, shouldn't be forced to sit through a course on having 'good sex'. I bet it would solve a lot of marital problems down the road.

Q_Goest said:
(I'm sure 100% of men know about theirs!)

lol, i doubt it. isn't g-spot stimulation supposed to be analogous to prostate massage?

Coin said:

I am not, in fact I am surprised it is that large. I was being to think that the horny orgasmic female was more myth then fact. I guess I just have not had a large enough sample of women. :blushing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Integral said:
I am not, in fact I am surprised it is that large. I was being to think that the horny orgasmic female was more myth then fact. I guess I just have not had a large enough sample of women. :blushing:

Or something. :uhh:

:biggrin:

I know where the "gee, I have a headache" spot is.

Ivan Seeking said:
I know where the "gee, I have a headache" spot is.

LOL...Too funny! :rofl:

CS

1. What is the G spot?

The G spot is an area located on the front wall of the vagina, about 2-3 inches inside the vaginal opening. It is known to be a highly sensitive erogenous zone that can lead to intense sexual pleasure when stimulated.

2. How was the location of the G spot discovered?

The location of the G spot was first theorized by Dr. Ernst Gräfenberg in the 1950s. However, it wasn't until recently that the use of ultrasound scans has allowed scientists to accurately pinpoint its location and confirm its existence.

3. Is the location of the G spot the same for every woman?

No, the exact location of the G spot can vary from woman to woman. Some women may have a more sensitive G spot, making it easier to locate, while others may not experience any sensation at all when it is stimulated.

4. Can the G spot be stimulated without an ultrasound scan?

Yes, the G spot can be stimulated through manual or oral stimulation, as well as with the use of certain sex toys. However, ultrasound scans can provide a more accurate and scientific understanding of its location and function.

5. What is the significance of discovering the exact location of the G spot?

The discovery of the G spot's location is significant because it allows for a better understanding of female sexual pleasure and can help improve sexual experiences for both partners. It also opens up opportunities for further research and development of techniques to enhance G spot stimulation.

Back