Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical Ultrasound of G spot

1. Dec 20, 2008 #1

Q_Goest

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Seems the illusive "G spot" has been identified. Take a look for it here!
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20026872.500-ecstasy-over-g-spot-therapy.html
    It's a thick layer of tissue on the front vaginal wall which has been identified using ultrasound.

And if you actually want to see ultrasound pictures of it, check this out.
    http://www.newscientist.com/article...und-nails-location-of-the-elusive-g-spot.html

I guess what strikes me is that so many women might not know about their own anatomy, and how few men know enough to help out their partners. From the article, only 5 of the 8 women 'knew' about their own G-spot. (I'm sure 100% of men know about theirs!)
    Ok folks, get to work with your partners and start the search! :wink:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 21, 2008 #2
    I was certain this was a troll thread. Hahaha

So women without G-spots are stuck, huh? Sucks. =/

4. Dec 21, 2008 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nope. There's a more easily accessible spot that works very well.

5. Dec 21, 2008 #4
    Hm, only 8/30? I know not everyone has one, but that is somehow a lower ratio than I would have expected.

Also... Is it just me, or is it kind of weird that we're only this year seeing this kind of research done for the first time? It seems like this is the kind of thing that could have, and should have, been done 50 years ago. Hasn't ultrasound detection been around since like the late 40s? It seems weird that we don't have a "this is what percentage of women have a g-spot" to compare that 8/30 number to (wikipedia links a study that appears to have an estimate of that number, but it was based on a survey that seemed to have highly nonrandom sampling/return rates and anyway the data can't be accessed without a SpringerLink subscription), or that any research before this year can't even rely on the idea of it being medically established the g-spot exists! Is this kind of research really just that hard to do or have people been avoiding attacking the subject?

6. Dec 21, 2008 #5
    :rolleyes: Pfft, even I know that.... where is it...?

I was referring to vaginal orgasms. They can't grow their G-spots apparently. Only those who have them can harness their power.

What about transplants? Could I take some dead woman's G-spot and put it in another woman that needs one? How much do you think I should charge for that?

7. Dec 21, 2008 #6

Q_Goest

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hi Coin,
    This is something that struck me as well. It's almost like saying that only 8 out of 30 women have 5 fingers, the rest only have 4. The women with 4 fingers can do everything the women with 5 fingers can do, but there's this anatomical difference that is totally unlike anything else. People have different facial features or skin color, but here's a difference that is totally unlike any other I can think of.

Seems to me it's one of those taboo subjects that women feel very embarrassed talking about and men are largely oblivious of, and I think that’s the main reason you don’t see much of this research being done and what IS done is largely overlooked because it’s such a touchy topic.

What I've seen however, is that these kinds of topics come out of the closet a bit more as we get older. Women I've talked to about similar topics who are in their 40's are more open to discussing their own experiences and from what I've seen, many of them are dissatisfied with their sex life, and that leads to problems in the marriage. I wonder sometimes if people about to get married, shouldn't be forced to sit through a course on having 'good sex'. I bet it would solve a lot of marital problems down the road.

8. Dec 21, 2008 #7
    lol, i doubt it. isn't g-spot stimulation supposed to be analogous to prostate massage?

9. Dec 21, 2008 #8

Q_Goest

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I've not heard of this but there may be something to it. Please feel free to research Google Scholar and report back with any peer reviewed literature.

10. Dec 21, 2008 #9

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am not, in fact I am surprised it is that large. I was being to think that the horny orgasmic female was more myth then fact. I guess I just have not had a large enough sample of women. :blushing:

11. Dec 21, 2008 #10
    not that curious, i'll trust my memory on this one. the rectum is also innervated by the pudendal nerves, fwiw. ymmv. besides, i already spend too much time on pubmed.

12. Dec 22, 2008 #11

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Or something. :uhh:

:biggrin:

I know where the "gee, I have a headache" spot is.

13. Dec 22, 2008 #12

stewartcs

Science Advisor

LOL...Too funny! :rofl:

CS

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?