Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

UML to C++ IDE?

1. Dec 6, 2006 #1

Does anyone know of any free IDE that can generate C++ code from "drawing" in UML?
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 6, 2006 #2

Science Advisor

I heard of something that does that with Java, relating to Eclipse (maybe a plugin) but I do not remember the details.
  4. Dec 6, 2006 #3
    For Java there are quite a few UML tools (Omondo, ArgoUML, everthing but the kitchen sink Visual Paradigm and many others), they can aswell generate code from the diagrams. As C++ goes try to ask Oncle Google if he knows any UML tools that generate C++ code.
  5. Dec 6, 2006 #4
    If you are using Visual Studio (I know its not free but it is popular and you might know someone with a copy) it comes with a UML toolkit since 2003 iirc, although it might be new to 2005. I never use the thing and am at work where I can't check exactly where it is on Start Menu etc... but it does exist. I have never used these tools so they might not support vanilla C++ and only C++ .net considering how Microsoft generally are like that. It might come with the free version on Visual C++ .net too, but I can't be sure without downloading it as there appears to be little information on the ms webpage about it...

Hope this is somehow useful...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?