Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

UML to C++ IDE?

1. Dec 6, 2006 #1
    Hi,

Does anyone know of any free IDE that can generate C++ code from "drawing" in UML?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 6, 2006 #2

0rthodontist

Science Advisor

I heard of something that does that with Java, relating to Eclipse (maybe a plugin) but I do not remember the details.

4. Dec 6, 2006 #3
    For Java there are quite a few UML tools (Omondo, ArgoUML, everthing but the kitchen sink Visual Paradigm and many others), they can aswell generate code from the diagrams. As C++ goes try to ask Oncle Google if he knows any UML tools that generate C++ code.

5. Dec 6, 2006 #4
    If you are using Visual Studio (I know its not free but it is popular and you might know someone with a copy) it comes with a UML toolkit since 2003 iirc, although it might be new to 2005. I never use the thing and am at work where I can't check exactly where it is on Start Menu etc... but it does exist. I have never used these tools so they might not support vanilla C++ and only C++ .net considering how Microsoft generally are like that. It might come with the free version on Visual C++ .net too, but I can't be sure without downloading it as there appears to be little information on the ms webpage about it...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/download/

Hope this is somehow useful...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?