1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ummm where would I go?

  1. Aug 20, 2008 #1
    A while ago I made a thread where people ended up saying I might have like ADD or something and I should get checked out. If I wanted to do something about that, what kind of doctor would I go see? A psychiatrist? Or is there someone else, like a therapist or something?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 20, 2008 #2

    Math Is Hard

    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

    Go see your GP first. He/she can refer you to a specialist.
  4. Aug 20, 2008 #3
    Last time I went to my GP I had an appointment for 12:30 and didn't get seen until 2:30.

    I guess I could try again, but... :(
  5. Aug 20, 2008 #4


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

    I agree with MIH: your GP should be your first port of call for something like this (in fact for most things medical orientated). S/he will be able to refer you to a suitable expert.
  6. Aug 20, 2008 #5
    So I'm guessing they need to refer me to someone who also works with my insurance, right? I can't just go anywhere they tell me to go, or is this something I need to find out before hand?

    Also, if I get a list of people who are OK'ed by my insurance, can't I just go directly to one of them?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Similar Discussions: Ummm where would I go?
  1. WHERE would you go (Replies: 8)

  2. Where do I go? (Replies: 2)

  3. Where would you go? (Replies: 17)