Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

(Un)limitedness of online education?

1. Oct 19, 2012 #1
    To answer the question of what constitutes a limit of online education we must first examine what constitutes learning. For this reason I have provided some formal definitions for convenience.

Learning - The acquisition of knowledge or skills through experience, practice, or study, or by being taught.

Apathy - not interested or concerned; indifferent or unresponsive

Careless - Not giving sufficient attention or thought to avoiding harm or errors.

School - An institution for educating children.

(0) What constitutes learning?

(1) To the question, What are the limits of online education?

(2) Are they set limits, i.g. does it still have room for progression?

(3) Can it ever become just as good or even better than a formal school system?

(4) What can online education replace and what cant it replace, e.g. textbooks, teachers, mentors. If so is it apathetic to do use such a method?

(5) Can it offer, (now or in the future,) on its own, a just as good or even better platform for mass education than exist now?

(5.1) Could and should online education replace the public school system

(5.2) Can it lower my taxes?

(6) How can online education (or has it) effected people with learning disabilities?

(7) If it makes learning easier for students, is this a grounds for it to be avoided?

You do not have to answer all these questions though you can if you want. Rather please answer the ones you think you can offer the most insight upon or find most interesting.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted