Unable to download and install spybotsd14

• Thread starter z4955
  • Start date
  • Tags
    install
In summary, the conversation is about the difficulties the speaker is having with installing spybot on their laptop with Windows 98. They have tried downloading the software and received an error message, and are now considering reformatting their computer. They also mention having another computer with Windows ME, but are unable to access the internet with it. The speaker does not have the restore disk for their laptop.
z4955
I'm having all sorts of probs... now I can't get spybotsd14 to install on my laptop with win98

I downloaded spybot, but when setup tried to download file information for updallocater.php (1 of 1) connecting to 212.227.253.104 I get this error message:

error sending request
the operation timed out

Computer science news on Phys.org
If your having so many problems with your computer you might as well format and reinstall.

this is my laptop with win 98
I don't have the restore disk for this computer

I have 2 computers:
comp 1: desktop pc with win ME
comp 2: dell laptop with win 98

I can't access the internet with comp 1 so am using comp 2 to get online for help

I have spybot on comp 1 but not on comp 2. when I tried to download spybot on comp 2 it wouldn't install

I have reformatted comp 1 before, guess I have to again now but that won't help me with the spybot installation prob on comp 2

1. Why am I unable to download "spybotsd14"?

There could be a few reasons for this. It's possible that your internet connection is not stable or strong enough to support the download, or that the download link is broken. Additionally, your computer's security settings may be blocking the download.

2. Can I download "spybotsd14" from any website?

No, it is important to only download software from trusted sources. Downloading from unknown or unofficial websites may put your computer at risk for viruses and malware. It is recommended to download "spybotsd14" from the official website or a reputable software download site.

3. What should I do if the download keeps failing?

If the download keeps failing, try using a different internet browser or clearing your browser's cache and cookies. You can also try restarting your computer and attempting the download again. If the issue persists, it may be a problem with the download link or your internet connection.

4. How do I know if "spybotsd14" has been successfully installed?

Once the download is complete, you should see a pop-up or prompt asking if you want to install the software. If you click "yes" and the installation process begins, then it is likely that the software will be successfully installed. You can also check your computer's list of installed programs to see if "spybotsd14" is listed.

5. What should I do if I encounter errors during the installation process?

If you encounter errors during the installation process, try restarting your computer and attempting the installation again. If the issue persists, you may need to contact the software's customer support for assistance. It is also possible that there is a compatibility issue with your computer's operating system or other software, so make sure to check the system requirements before downloading.