Help with Log-In Issues: Contact Greg for Support

• Bug
  • Thread starter micromass
  • Start date
In summary, there is an issue with logging in for Kevin_Axion and he is unable to contact Greg for help. The conversation suggests trying to use the chat instead of the forums, and eventually having Kevin delete his cookies which solves the problem. The conversation also mentions the effectiveness of PF in helping others and confirms that logging in works fine on Firefox with the Lastpass password manager.
micromass
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Hello,

I received an e-mail from Kevin_Axion stating that he is unable to log-in for a couple of days now. Is this a known problem?? Is there a way so he can contact Greg to see what's going wrong??

I know chat works independently from the forums, so I'll try to get him on the chat. Maybe that works...

Physics news on Phys.org
micromass said:
Hello,

I received an e-mail from Kevin_Axion stating that he is unable to log-in for a couple of days now. Is this a known problem?? Is there a way so he can contact Greg to see what's going wrong??

I know chat works independently from the forums, so I'll try to get him on the chat. Maybe that works...

Have him delete his cookies and retry.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Have him delete his cookies and retry.

It worked, thanks.

kevin_axion said:
it worked, thanks.

lol
lol

This is what helps makes PF such a fantastic place. Helping a family member. You're the man Greg.

I come in irregularly, but I came in today due to the newsletter. The newsletter mentions issues logging in, so I logged into check.

By the way, I can confirm that logging in works fine in Firefox on Kubuntu Linux with the Lastpass password manager. I didn't see any specific thread related to login issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Why am I unable to log in to my account?

There could be several reasons for this. It is possible that you have forgotten your username or password. It is also possible that there is a technical issue with the website or your device. In any case, please contact Greg for support to troubleshoot the issue.

2. How can I reset my password?

If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by clicking on the "Forgot Password" link on the login page. You will be prompted to enter your email address and a password reset link will be sent to you. If you do not receive the email, please check your spam folder or contact Greg for further assistance.

3. Can I change my username?

Unfortunately, usernames are not able to be changed once they are created. If you would like to use a different username, you will need to create a new account. Please note that this will result in losing access to your previous account and any associated data.

4. How do I know if my account has been hacked?

If you suspect that your account has been hacked, please contact Greg immediately. Signs that your account may have been compromised include unauthorized changes to your account information, unusual activity or posts, and difficulty logging in.

5. Can I have multiple accounts?

No, each individual is only allowed one account. Creating multiple accounts is a violation of our terms of service and can result in the suspension or termination of all your accounts. If you have a specific reason for needing multiple accounts, please contact Greg for further assistance.