Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Unable to view attachments

1. Mar 7, 2008 #1
    Hi All,
    I am logging in after many days and I see a few changes have taken place here. The problem I encountered today is that I am unable to view any of the thumbnail attachments. Even the preview doesn't show up. Is it just me..or are others having the same problem?

Thanks,
    Reshma

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 7, 2008 #2

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I'm not having any problems with this. Could you provide a link to the thread in question?

4. Mar 7, 2008 #3
    I am subscribed to the member photo thread.
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=7262&page=162
    When I logged in today, there were new posts in it as well as some other threads I am subscribed to. I was unable to see any of the attachments posted there even though they have been approved.

In fact, I cannot view my own picture that I had attached a few months ago here: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=1399965#post1399965
    What is the reason for it?

5. Mar 7, 2008 #4

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm. Fine for me too. Seems its just you at the minute Reshma. I can't think of an explanation.

6. Mar 8, 2008 #5
    I will show you 2 screenshots which will clearly indicate my problem:
    This one is from member photo thread:
    [​IMG]

This one is from homework help, Introductory physics:https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=220494
    [​IMG]

I initially thought there was a problem viewing images posted by other users (probably due to a broken link), but it seems I can't view any attached images.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  7. Mar 8, 2008 #6

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Were you logged in when you tried to view the attachments?

8. Mar 8, 2008 #7

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Check My PF (top right corner) > Edit options, then in the box labelled 'Thread Display Options' about half way down the page make sure the box labelled show images is checked. If thats not the problem then you'll have to wait for Greg or chroot to see this.

9. Mar 8, 2008 #8
    I took the screenshots after logging in.
    All the visible post elements under thread display options are checked. So that can't be a problem. Maybe I should check the site with a different browser..

10. Mar 9, 2008 #9
    Help!

The quote tags have gone crazy now! :surprised
    [​IMG]

I see some broken image on the top left hand corner. I don't know what's happening...I normally use Firefox, I logged in using IE but I get the same problem. Someone please suggest something.

11. Mar 9, 2008 #10

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Could try clearing your cache. I don't know if it will work but got to be worth a try. If that doesn't work you could try PM'ing one of the admins who are a lot more computer savvy to get more attention.

12. Mar 11, 2008 #11
    Thanks, Kurdt! :smile: The quote tag problem has been solved but the attachment problem hasn't. I will contact one of the admins.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?