1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

UNC charlotte engineering

1. Apr 17, 2005 #1
    I am a freshman right now in the mechanical engineering program at uncc. I was wondering if anyone has heard good things about this school. I am already hear and im kind of biased now so, has anyone heard anything else.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 20, 2005 #2
    now im getting real sketched out because no one has said anything. my life would be meaningless if i leave this school without a high paying job, and i forsee this in my future.

4. Apr 20, 2005 #3

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I know a few people who attended UNCC, both for computer science. The CS department there is supposed to be quite good, and I understand engineering is pretty decent there, also. Admittedly, NCSU is the best public engineering school in the state, but if you're happy at UNCC, I wouldn't bother moving.

- Warren

5. Apr 20, 2005 #4
    i dont think ncsu has mechanical engineering. and does the school matter that much when finding a job?

6. Apr 20, 2005 #5
    What do you want to do with mechanical engineering?

7. Apr 21, 2005 #6
    Ok, looks like a real interesting discussion going on here.

I would like 'Old Union' to elaborate on his comment "does the school matter that much when finding a job?" Are you trying to say that the school from where you graduated doesn't matter much. All you need to know is the Engineering Stuff/ I mean the knowledge, and how you can apply? ( How well you know )

8. Apr 21, 2005 #7
    What i mean to say is that my school is not MIT. At mit i could graduate and get an excellent job just because of this institution. When i graduate here im not so sure.

9. Apr 21, 2005 #8
    Go for masters at MIT then!

10. Apr 21, 2005 #9
    Easier said then done. :rolleyes:
    Working hard and doing very well in school will guarantee you a job, while it may not get you the best job.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?