1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Uncertainty in physics problems

1. Sep 18, 2005 #1
    Can anyone help me how to find uncertainty in values? I did a lab on position-time graph. And I have to find uncertainty in soem of the values. My teacher showed me a shortcut on how to find uncertainty of average velocity. But I did not understand that?

I graphed a position-time graph by the motion of the puck. Then by the help of values i prepared a velocity-time graph. Now I have to find the uncertainty in
    x original i.e. x = 0 cm ,

then in delta x i.e. ∆x = 2.1 cm (the values were x = 1.2 cm and 3.3 ± 0.1 cm),

in average velocity v = 16.2 cm/s (values of x were 0 cm and 3.3 cm and values of time were 0.0 ses and 0.2 sec.

Please atleast show me the formula on how to find it, i will figure out the answer afterwards. Or the answer would be extra bonus for me.

If more information needed, i would give out then.

Thankyou.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 3, 2010 #2
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?