Unconcious Mind

I think in the back of my head, I just plain hate people.

For one, I am not a smile at somebody person.

For second, I am hard of hearing, so I guess I have been raised up to hate people through my own psychological conditioning. Being taunted at while young is still being felt and always will be.

For another, I think some people are just incompetent fools.

There, that's my rant.

Answers and Replies

But we love you.

Love doesn't exist. Instead, we give it meaning.

Everything else is just detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
How angsty! My turn:

Sometimes when I see two people talking quietly I pretend they're secretly badmouthing me. I'm a very conceited pessimist.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It doesn't seem like there are any unconscious processes going on here. You seem to fully cognizant that to some degree you don't like people. It's hard to understand to what extent you mean this. After all, you're posting on these forums and there are people here. If you really disliked all people, it seems you wouldn't want to interact with them, even online.

I just don't have anybody to talk to. I keep things all bottled up.

I see everything half empty and I would rather keep it that way.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Well, feel free to rant here. We all do it from time to time. :smile:

I try hard to see things as they actually are, but that can be difficult. Sometimes I make errors by being overly optimistic and sometimes by being overly pessimistic. It goes both ways.

LowlyPion
Homework Helper

Not all bottled up. You're discussing it.

Just because some people have been unkind to you in the past doesn't indict everyone now does it? There really are good people around most everywhere. Sometimes it just seems like there aren't.

I also had a bad morning today. So, I slept to 1 PM, did some work, watched a movie, and I am back to normal :biggrin:

btw. I am a perfectionist or OCPD.
I just a wrote a professional report yesterday about my inefficiencies and made some recommendations. And, today I spent 6 additional hours sleeping/3 hours watching movie/lots of time doing absolutely nothing. :rofl:

You don't need people. You have the internets.

I'm an optimist. My glass is half full. That girl wants me. The sun is gonna shine tomorrow. The world is a beautiful place. The only thing I don't like is grumpy people. and aids...oh and any "cherry" flavored drink they all taste like cough syrup.

ubermensch, are there times when you're quite happy and get along with people without feeling bitter or angsty toward anyone?

I'm an optimist. My glass is half full. That girl wants me. The sun is gonna shine tomorrow. The world is a beautiful place.
my glass is twice the size it needs to be.