Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Unconcious Mind

1. Aug 21, 2008 #1
    I think in the back of my head, I just plain hate people.

For one, I am not a smile at somebody person.

For second, I am hard of hearing, so I guess I have been raised up to hate people through my own psychological conditioning. Being taunted at while young is still being felt and always will be.

For another, I think some people are just incompetent fools.

There, that's my rant.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 21, 2008 #2
    But we love you.

4. Aug 21, 2008 #3
    Love doesn't exist. Instead, we give it meaning.

Everything else is just detail.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2008
  5. Aug 21, 2008 #4
    How angsty! My turn:

Sometimes when I see two people talking quietly I pretend they're secretly badmouthing me. I'm a very conceited pessimist.

6. Aug 21, 2008 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It doesn't seem like there are any unconscious processes going on here. You seem to fully cognizant that to some degree you don't like people. It's hard to understand to what extent you mean this. After all, you're posting on these forums and there are people here. If you really disliked all people, it seems you wouldn't want to interact with them, even online.

7. Aug 21, 2008 #6
    I just don't have anybody to talk to. I keep things all bottled up.

I see everything half empty and I would rather keep it that way.

8. Aug 21, 2008 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, feel free to rant here. We all do it from time to time. :smile:

I try hard to see things as they actually are, but that can be difficult. Sometimes I make errors by being overly optimistic and sometimes by being overly pessimistic. It goes both ways.

9. Aug 21, 2008 #8

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Not all bottled up. You're discussing it.

Just because some people have been unkind to you in the past doesn't indict everyone now does it? There really are good people around most everywhere. Sometimes it just seems like there aren't.

10. Aug 21, 2008 #9
    I also had a bad morning today. So, I slept to 1 PM, did some work, watched a movie, and I am back to normal :biggrin:

btw. I am a perfectionist or OCPD.
    I just a wrote a professional report yesterday about my inefficiencies and made some recommendations. And, today I spent 6 additional hours sleeping/3 hours watching movie/lots of time doing absolutely nothing. :rofl:

11. Aug 21, 2008 #10
    You don't need people. You have the internets.

12. Aug 21, 2008 #11
    I'm an optimist. My glass is half full. That girl wants me. The sun is gonna shine tomorrow. The world is a beautiful place. The only thing I don't like is grumpy people. and aids...oh and any "cherry" flavored drink they all taste like cough syrup.

13. Aug 22, 2008 #12
    ubermensch, are there times when you're quite happy and get along with people without feeling bitter or angsty toward anyone?

14. Aug 22, 2008 #13
    my glass is twice the size it needs to be.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?