• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Schools Undergraduate colleges for physics

does anyone know of any undergraduate colleges that have strong programs for physics and astronomy (possibly astrophysics)? i have kind of looked at university of arizona but that is all. any help would be much appreciated, especially because i really need to apply soon! thanks

no one knows of any???

Nereid

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I believe there are some ... in the UK, Australia, continental Europe (esp Germany), ... maybe even China and India. However, the US?

i think colleges out of the u.s. are a little out of the question at this point in time, except perhaps canada. what about technical institutes? i was staying away from them because i wanted some music programs but i would assume they have some. i don't know. i have three colleges i am applying to and one of them is a safety school. i don't know how to find good schools. help would be much appreciated because i really need to apply.

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
2018 Award
Nereid said:
I believe there are some ... in the UK, Australia, continental Europe (esp Germany), ... maybe even China and India. However, the US?
Unless things have changed since the last time I checked, the University of Chicago should still have the #1 ranked Astrophysics program in the country. And of course, their physics dept. is consistently ranked in the Top 5.

Zz.