1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Undergraduate colleges for physics

1. Dec 17, 2004 #1
    does anyone know of any undergraduate colleges that have strong programs for physics and astronomy (possibly astrophysics)? i have kind of looked at university of arizona but that is all. any help would be much appreciated, especially because i really need to apply soon! thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 21, 2004 #2
    no one knows of any???

4. Dec 21, 2004 #3

Nereid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I believe there are some ... in the UK, Australia, continental Europe (esp Germany), ... maybe even China and India. However, the US?

5. Dec 21, 2004 #4
    i think colleges out of the u.s. are a little out of the question at this point in time, except perhaps canada. what about technical institutes? i was staying away from them because i wanted some music programs but i would assume they have some. i don't know. i have three colleges i am applying to and one of them is a safety school. i don't know how to find good schools. help would be much appreciated because i really need to apply.

6. Dec 21, 2004 #5

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Unless things have changed since the last time I checked, the University of Chicago should still have the #1 ranked Astrophysics program in the country. And of course, their physics dept. is consistently ranked in the Top 5.

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?