1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Undergraduate CV

1. Jan 26, 2012 #1
    I am currently composing a CV for research positions and I have only a minimal amount research experience and I am trying to beef up my CV, and I was looking for suggestions as to what to include and what not to include.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 27, 2012 #2
    If your CV is really quite empty, you should also put in hobbies that either show that you are a team player, that show that you can be focused and dedicated, that show organizational skills, or anything else of importance.

Describe your (interesting) extracurricular activities in enough detail to be appealing. If you have 'reading, gaming, cycling' on your CV it sounds less impressive than 'studying C++ programming and gaming theory in my spare time and programming my own computer game; building my own carbon fibre bicycle'.
    Note that if for example you build a bike with two other friends, mentioning this will show you have team work experience and that you are cooperative.

If you are applying for a specific position, nothing shows 'I am goal-oriented and pro-active' more than calling the person responsible and ask sensible questions about the position.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook