Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Undergraduate research position over the summer

1. Jul 26, 2005 #1
    Undergraduate research position over the summer....

Currently I am a junior dual degree student in professional physics and ACS chemistry. I attend Lawrence Technological University. I would be very interested in an undergrad research position over the summer and was wondering what types of schools would be in my league. I have a 3.3 gpa but it will probably be around a 3.4 after the end of the Fall. Unfortunately, I have no other research experience. I know the chair of the natsci department would push to get me into a good program, but I want to know how good of a chance I have.

Would schools like MIT, Cornell, and UM Ann Arbor be feasible options, or should I be looking at lesser schools? Is the university I attend holding me back since it is somewhat lesser known nationally? It is very well known in the region, but not nationally.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted