1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Undergraduate Research to Graduate Reasearch and More

  1. Aug 8, 2009 #1

    Let's say that my undergrad institution does not have any groups working in experimental AMO, but does have some theoretical AMO research going on. I plan to go to grad school for experimental AMO. Would I be better off working in the theoretical group, or working with an experimental CM group?

    Also, I want to do some work with BEC in my graduate career. I was looking at this site:


    and it seems to me that many groups are working in this field. I know of some more groups that aren't even on that list. I'm sure by the time I get to grad school, there will be even more groups in the field. This may be a naive question, but is it possible for a field to get watered down because too many people are in the field?

    Also, does anybody know of any industry groups that are working with BEC?
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted