Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Underlyinig Unity

1. Mar 26, 2008 #1
    Can someone please help a layman understand what this unity means in non-technical language?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 26, 2008 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Maybe it would be clearer if you were to quote the context where you've come across this phrase, because by itself, it is extremely vague. If you've read it some place, please make as full of a citation as possible. It is one aspect of this forum that we insist, that all sources are given fully.

Zz.

4. Mar 26, 2008 #3

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

unitarity?

Perhaps you mean unitarity?

5. Mar 26, 2008 #4
    I don't remember the source and can't seem to find it now. Will pay more attention to sources next time.

I am talking in very general terms. Each manifestation of reality from infinite possibilities is possible due to the act of observation by our consciousness. It is a observer-matter relationship that becomes hard reality. I am referring to the concept of entanglement and the more fundamental level/form of consciousness that links our individual consciousnesses, mostly trapped in very small confines of time-space. I am trying to understand "Unity" as the most fundamental and connected form of consciousness that we all share/connects us.

Correct me if I am wrong or if there are better ways of thinking about it. How much does actual discovery in quantum physics support the above statement?

6. Mar 26, 2008 #5

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

It appears that what you are asking has more to do with philosophy than with physics. I'll leave this thread here for a while and see the type of responses. However, if what I anticipate is true, then this thread will be moved to the Philosophy forum.

Zz.

7. Mar 26, 2008 #6

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

I guess I was way off! :wink:

8. Mar 26, 2008 #7
    ok. thanks.

9. Mar 26, 2008 #8
    What does "Unity" mean to you guys? or what are the various uses of "Unity" in quantum physics?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?