Underlyinig Unity

Main Question or Discussion Point

Can someone please help a layman understand what this unity means in non-technical language?

Answers and Replies

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
2018 Award
Can someone please help a layman understand what this unity means in non-technical language?
Maybe it would be clearer if you were to quote the context where you've come across this phrase, because by itself, it is extremely vague. If you've read it some place, please make as full of a citation as possible. It is one aspect of this forum that we insist, that all sources are given fully.

Zz.

Doc Al
Mentor
unitarity?

Perhaps you mean unitarity?

I don't remember the source and can't seem to find it now. Will pay more attention to sources next time.

I am talking in very general terms. Each manifestation of reality from infinite possibilities is possible due to the act of observation by our consciousness. It is a observer-matter relationship that becomes hard reality. I am referring to the concept of entanglement and the more fundamental level/form of consciousness that links our individual consciousnesses, mostly trapped in very small confines of time-space. I am trying to understand "Unity" as the most fundamental and connected form of consciousness that we all share/connects us.

Correct me if I am wrong or if there are better ways of thinking about it. How much does actual discovery in quantum physics support the above statement?

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
2018 Award
It appears that what you are asking has more to do with philosophy than with physics. I'll leave this thread here for a while and see the type of responses. However, if what I anticipate is true, then this thread will be moved to the Philosophy forum.

Zz.

Doc Al
Mentor
ok. thanks.

What does "Unity" mean to you guys? or what are the various uses of "Unity" in quantum physics?