Understanding Electromagnetic Wave Scattering: A Guide for Beginners

• Thread starter Nam Burger
  • Start date
In summary, understanding electromagnetic wave scattering is essential for beginners to comprehend the behavior of electromagnetic waves. It involves the interaction of electromagnetic waves with various materials and how they are scattered in different directions. This phenomenon is crucial in fields such as radar technology, remote sensing, and communications. The understanding of electromagnetic wave scattering is based on the principles of optics and wave propagation, along with the characteristics of the materials involved. By mastering this concept, beginners can gain insights into the behavior of electromagnetic waves and their applications in various industries.
Nam Burger
Hello, World;

I'm a Computer Science(hence the "hello world" application) student at Louisiana State University. I've always had a kicked for physics but never have time to take the course (I work full-time at 40 hours a week and currently taking 19 hours of school). Here is the deal:

I recently quit my job at the ITs department to join a Math professor write a program using html, css, and javascript to calculates and plot the graph of the Electromagnetic Waves Scattering. I'm now still working a solid 25 hours a week as a sushi chef, on top of school and this project at the same time. My problem, currently, is that I don't have a clue how it all works. I'm willing to put in the time and hours to figure it all out, but it is really hard to understand it without a good guide on where to start. I'm currently only in cal2 but I'm doing very well in the class; jumping ahead and teaching myself cal3 and Linear Algebra also (because I know these things are needed to understand EMWS).

Now I'm not the type to go for the "get rich quick" type of deal. I'd like to understand everything in details but at the same time, my time is quite limited. Now the professor I'm working with is very nice, he is willing to pay me to just learn the material. However, I don't like taking money if I haven't done anything. Therefore, I need every guidance possible to help me understand all these businesses asap.

Please, help, our project could become a good contribute to the physics community in the near future. As my jive best friend usually tells me: "help me help you!" o0)o0)

No seriously haha please help!

Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Hello Nam,

welcome! I hope you will find the answers you might be looking for in one of our various sub-forums.
As a general hint: the better your questions are prepared, the better the answers will be - usually.
We have also a "career guidance" forum in case you need advise from people who might have been in similar situations.

Have fun!