Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Understanding the mechanisms of disease .

1. May 14, 2012 #1
    Hi , I'm a medical student. Most diseases I have studied have no definite cure . A notable example is Auto-immune diseases like lupus and crohn's Disease . I understand that the etiology of many of these diseases are ill defined and involve complex interactions of various molecules and cells . It seems to me that reaching a cure for some of these disease will be extremely difficult except that when one can identify all the abnormal genes in the cells and replace them with normal equivalent genes . My knowledge in biological sciences outside clinical medicine is shallow So my Question is : What are Some resources that describe the methods scientists use to discover the mechanisms of disease processes and try to manipulate cells and molecules ?And Is there a resources that contains the most important research so far in this matter ?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted