Can a Chemical Remove Highlighter Marks?

• Thread starter PrudensOptimus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chemical
In summary, "Undo Highlighters Chemical" are a type of highlighter pen that contains a special chemical that allows the ink to be erased or removed from the page. The chemical reacts with the ink on the page, making it invisible, and can be easily removed by rubbing it with the eraser tip of the highlighter or a damp cloth. They are safe to use as the chemical used is non-toxic, and can be used on most types of paper, although it may not work as effectively on certain types of coated paper. Unfortunately, they cannot be refilled, but they do have a longer lifespan compared to traditional highlighters.
PrudensOptimus
Is there a chemical that "undos" highlighters(yellowish thing)?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Well, this is an insufficient question, I suppose. Yellowish light can be absorbed by viewing from a blue glass (cobalt glass, as we call it), but the process is purely physical. The chemistry is in synthesizing or employing the blue chemical on the highlighter. Since the question is incomplete, my answer is incomplete, too.

Is there a method I can get the yellowish thing off the page... sorry I'm no pundit on this matter so my question may sound absurd and be incomplete.

1. What are "Undo Highlighters Chemical"?

"Undo Highlighters Chemical" are a type of highlighter pen that contains a special chemical that allows the ink to be erased or removed from the page.

2. How do "Undo Highlighters Chemical" work?

The chemical in "Undo Highlighters Chemical" reacts with the ink on the page, making it invisible. This allows you to easily remove the highlighted text by simply rubbing it with the eraser tip of the highlighter or a damp cloth.

3. Are "Undo Highlighters Chemical" safe to use?

Yes, "Undo Highlighters Chemical" are safe to use. The chemical used in these highlighters is non-toxic and does not pose any health risks.

4. Can "Undo Highlighters Chemical" be used on any type of paper?

Yes, "Undo Highlighters Chemical" can be used on most types of paper, including regular printer paper, notebook paper, and even glossy paper. However, it may not work as effectively on certain types of coated paper.

5. Can "Undo Highlighters Chemical" be refilled?

Unfortunately, "Undo Highlighters Chemical" cannot be refilled. Once the ink runs out, the highlighter will need to be replaced. However, they do have a longer lifespan compared to traditional highlighters due to their erasable feature.