Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Unexpected Guests!

1. Aug 3, 2005 #1

Lisa!

Gold Member

What do you think of people who come to you unexpectedly and stay for too long hours? Any idea about how to get ride of them?

I like to have guests :uhh: but you know some people just come to your home in a wrong hour for example when you're too busy or you're tired...
    The worst thing about them is that they say goodby to you more than 1000 times but they never leave! :cry: :cry:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2005 #2

cronxeh

Gold Member

4. Aug 3, 2005 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

Finally she left! o:) o:) o:)

5. Aug 3, 2005 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

well thsi is probably too immature but i had a problem with some guy who was constantly coming over when i was in high school. One night, he came over when this other friend of mine was over. So we all started to watch the matrix so me and my friend tried something. She sat up next to me while he was on the floor ors omething and told me to grab some duct tape that was nearby.... and then we pounced! We didn't get him but he never came around much after that :D Woohoo!

6. Aug 3, 2005 #5

cronxeh

Gold Member

Well I coulda catalyzed the process. Next time invite me over and tell her we are here for the French connection - a la - menaja twa

I'll drop the usual 'Hubba Hubba' and you can start timing how fast it will take her to get out

7. Aug 3, 2005 #6

Lisa!

Gold Member

She was my mother's guest! :grumpy: You know my friends know me quite well, they always call me first if they want to meet me.
    And there's a problem about your suggestion:
    I know if my friend just see you(no need to tell lies about french connection...), they will leave me immediately(and perhaps never talk to me again), but I don't know how to make you leave after all! :uhh: :wink:

8. Aug 3, 2005 #7

Danger

Gold Member

We Canuks are under no obligation to entertain another person's guest, unless it's a seldom-seen relative. I'd just go about my business or leave for quieter pastures. I don't know how it is in your culture, though.

He wasn't lying; it's just wishful thinking. There seem to be some residual delusions from the sleep-deprivation.

A good blast of Raid should do it.

9. Aug 3, 2005 #8

Lisa!

Gold Member

:bugeye: :bugeye: I even didn't talk to her. I was in my own room. Having a person in your home in a wrong hour could be abit distracting. The only problem was that I had to see her whenever I wanted to quit my room! So I asked my Mum to visit her guests in another room!

10. Aug 3, 2005 #9

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Sounds like my suggestion may be more appropriate eh lisa? :)

11. Aug 3, 2005 #10

Lisa!

Gold Member

Unfortunately it doesn't work for some people!

12. Aug 3, 2005 #11

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Oh come on, who doesnt fear the duct tape attack

13. Aug 3, 2005 #12

Lisa!

Gold Member

People who thinks you're kidding! :bugeye:

14. Aug 3, 2005 #13

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Then don't be kidding ;) hehehe

15. Aug 3, 2005 #14

Lisa!

Gold Member

Do you think it works then? Anyway I think they still wouldn't believe I'm not joking. Sometimes I look at some people's eye and tell them how much I'm tired of talking to them and how much I dislike meeting them. And they think I'm joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bugeye:

16. Aug 3, 2005 #15

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Pfff, do it then! Im like that too... especially cuz i cant keep a straight face no matter what im talken about. Everything makes me laugh.

Wait, how old are you and how old are these people that need to be shown the door? :D

17. Aug 3, 2005 #16

Lisa!

Gold Member

I'm almost 23. And they're in different ages less than 30 of course! :wink:

I'm serious when I say that but they can't believe my honesty!

18. Aug 3, 2005 #17

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Welll my plan is too immature for you anyhow :D

19. Aug 3, 2005 #18

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

You could ask guests who overstay their welcome if they would like a cup of cocoa/chocolate. Since this is sleep-inducing, they ought to get the hint and leave.

20. Aug 3, 2005 #19

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Unless of course your like my friend who takes the hint and takes a nap on your couch! EVERYTIME!!! Oh my god my friend was sooooooo annoying. It almost became a habbit that i'd come home from class... sit down, start doing someting online and then he'd come over, we'd joke for a few minutes, and then he'd fall asleep on my couch... it practically was clockwork.

21. Aug 3, 2005 #20

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

If he's straight, make advances on him. Then he'll get really fast out of your apartment.
    Of course, if you're straight and he's gay, it can get rather embarassing..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?