Unfair infractions I think received from Vandium50

• Thread starter noblegas
  • Start date
In summary, the individual I was speaking to did not seem interested in expanding their knowledge in the area of dark energy and instead only accepted the proposal based on assumptions. This lack of physical evidence makes it difficult to trust their theories. If you are not interested in expanding your knowledge then you're not going to be very successful in this field.
noblegas
I had genuine question about the constituency of dark energy and he/she kept responding to my messages with infractions added to my account. How are you supposed to expand your knowledge in an area of science if you don't critical examine fundamental assumptions of scientific theories that are accepted by a segment of the physics community but are not the result of any direct or indirect physical evidence? I would have pm him/her about this issue , but I was afraid she was going to add more infractions to my account.

Physics news on Phys.org
noblegas said:
I had genuine question about the constituency of dark energy and he/she kept responding to my messages with infractions added to my account. How are you supposed to expand your knowledge in an area of science if you don't critical examine fundamental assumptions of scientific theories that are accepted by a segment of the physics community but are not the result of any direct or indirect physical evidence? I would have pm him/her about this issue , but I was afraid she was going to add more infractions to my account.

If you are interested in physical evidence of dark energy then you need to look at Galaxy Cluster Animation :biggrin:

This animation shows a galaxy cluster, the largest gravitationally-bound objects in the Universe. Individual galaxies are shown in white and yellow, and the intergalactic gas is shown in red. Galaxy clusters contain as much mass as a million billion suns. The strong gravitational pull of this matter squeezes the gas and heats it to about 100 million degrees, making it only detectable in X-rays. Chandra found direct evidence for cosmic acceleration and dark energy, based on distance measurements to a sample of galaxy clusters.

http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2004/darkenergy/animations.html

I hope that helps you in your search for truth. :approve: Now whoever gave you infractions more than likely had reason to do so.

ViewsofMars said:
If you are interested in physical evidence of dark energy then you need to look at Galaxy Cluster Animation :biggrin:

I wasn't disputing the existence of dark energy, I was questioning how the propose constiuent quintessence can be a leading candidate that makes up dark energy if we have not yet physically observed this quintessence and it does not seem well defined. I 'm not saying that I'm right, but she should demonstrate to me why this assumption that I made is flawed , rather than say 'your wrong, don't question the accepted model'. He/she did not say those exact words, but that's the sort of attitude I got from his/her responses in pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please contact a mentor.

1. What are unfair infractions and how do they affect the scientific community?

Unfair infractions refer to any action taken against a scientist that is deemed unjust or unwarranted. This can include false accusations, biased evaluations, or discriminatory treatment. These infractions can harm the scientific community by creating a toxic environment and hindering the progress of research.

2. Can you provide an example of an unfair infraction in the scientific community?

An example of an unfair infraction is when a scientist's paper is rejected from publication without proper review or consideration, solely based on the author's identity or affiliation. This can prevent important research from being shared and recognized within the scientific community.

3. How can unfair infractions be addressed and prevented?

To address and prevent unfair infractions, it is important for scientific institutions and organizations to have clear and fair policies in place for evaluating and addressing misconduct. It is also crucial for individuals to speak out against unfair treatment and promote diversity and inclusivity within the scientific community.

4. What should a scientist do if they believe they have received an unfair infraction?

If a scientist believes they have received an unfair infraction, they should first gather evidence and documentation to support their claim. They can then bring their concerns to the appropriate authorities, such as their institution's ethics committee or the journal's editorial board, to seek resolution and justice.

5. How do unfair infractions impact the credibility of scientific research?

Unfair infractions can significantly impact the credibility of scientific research by creating doubt and skepticism about the validity and integrity of the work. This can lead to a lack of trust in the scientific community and hinder the progress of scientific advancements. It is important for scientists to uphold ethical standards and address any unfair infractions to maintain the credibility of their work.