Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Uniaxial composites

1. Oct 25, 2014 #1
    Hi all,

I am hoping this is in the correct section and also is a very easy question for someone to answer. I have been asked to complete a study on the properties of Uniaxial composites when comparing them to metals and plastics however i am not sure what type of composite this relates to and cant find anything anywhere explaining Uniaxial composites.

Can anyone help me out with this?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 30, 2014 #2
    Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Nov 1, 2014 #3

Danger

Gold Member

Sorry... no help from me. I've never heard the term "uniaxial". All that I can think of, from the standpoint of linguistics only, is that maybe it has something to do with all fibres or polymer chains or whatever of the blend being aligned in the same orientation. That's probably wrong, but it's the only thing that the term brings to mind.

5. Nov 1, 2014 #4
    Danger is right on target. A uniaxial composite is one in which all the reinforcement is aligned in the same direction.

Chet

6. Nov 1, 2014 #5

Danger

Gold Member

oo)
    I got something right for once?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook