Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Unification of space and matter

1. Oct 16, 2005 #1
    if empty space has dark energy. Then if you put alot of space in one place at once then you would have alot of energy. Then becuase E=mc^2 all that energy could coalesce into matter. Therefore all matter could be space.

this unifies spacetime and matter energy

this is just a theory and I want to know if it could work or not

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2005 #2

pervect

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

How about coming up with some ways to test your theory? ("Testable predictions").

How would you go about putting "a lot of space in one place at once"?

4. Oct 17, 2005 #3

I do not know what type of predictions this theory would make which is why I ask

all the space in the universe was at one place at one time (the time right before the big bang) and matter simply is space that did not get uncramped.

5. Oct 17, 2005 #4
    p.s.

not all "matter" is not still the same way as it was during the big bang. However all proccesses of bringing matter together still works with my theory

6. Oct 17, 2005 #5

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You may want to re-read and understand in better detail the various Big Bang Models. For instance, you need to understand GR's concept of spacetime. All "space in the universe was at one place at one time" is terribly wrong, because this already assume that there is such a thing as "one place at one time", and everything is there. This is absurd when spacetime didn't exist yet!

I would also strongly suggest you read again the PF guidelines regarding overly speculative posting, in case you missed it the first time around.

Zz.

7. Oct 17, 2005 #6

pervect

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

You really ought to think about the issue some more. Note that Physics Forums currently has a separate forum for people who are proposing their own theories, as opposed to discussing standard, accepted theories. This is the independent research forum.

The independent research forum has some fairly stringent guidelines, including that the theory must be well worked out enough for it to actually make predictions. If your theory isn't this far along, you'll need to develop it to the point where it can do this, in order for it to be taken seriously.

Note that this is a general requirement for any scientific theory, not just a particular arbitrary requirement of this board. If a theory isn't worked out well enough to make testable predictions, it is not yet a scientific theory. It may become one with more time, work, and effort on the part of the theory originator at some later date, but until it can make testable predictions, a theory has not matured to the point where public discussion will be very profitable.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?