Unified field theory?

• Thread starter spidey
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

People say that general relativity and quantum mechanics is not yet combined...i have a doubt,photon is the origin of quantum mechanics and light(photons) is bent by heavy mass and is the origin of general relativity...so this is the relation between quantum mechanics and general relativity..i dont know what other relations are we searching for? Or am i missing something?

Answers and Replies

mathman
Science Advisor
People say that general relativity and quantum mechanics is not yet combined...i have a doubt,photon is the origin of quantum mechanics and light(photons) is bent by heavy mass and is the origin of general relativity...so this is the relation between quantum mechanics and general relativity..i dont know what other relations are we searching for? Or am i missing something?
In general quantum theory is about things which are very small, while gen. rel. is about things which are very massive. When they are needed at the same time, such as inside a black hole or at the big bang, details of the mathematical results are contradictory.