1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Uniform Angular Acceleration

1. Feb 22, 2008 #1
    Uniform Angular Acceleration plz help :)

A wheel is subjected to uniform angular acceleration. Initially its angular velocity is zero. During the first 1-s time interval, it rotates through an angle of 88.3

Through what angle does it rotate during the next 1-s time interval? - I found the second 1-s time interval to rotate through an angle of 264.64 deg.

Through what angle during the third 1-s time interval? - I can't seem to figure the angle for this time interval

Ok So for the first part I found the angular acceleration to be 1.54 from the equation angular acceleration= (wf - wi)/change in time for the first angle change 88.3. I used this angular acceleration in the eqn. Change of Angle = Wi (change time) + 1/2(angular acceleration)(change time)^2 I plugged in 2 for the change in time here. I took that answer which was 352.94-88.3 to get final angle of 264.64. I dont know how to manipulate the angular acceleration for the third 1-s interval, but i believe for this one i plug in 3 for the time change... then subtract the angles from the first two intervals to get the final interval.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2008 #2
    Why don't you try telling us what you've done so far and how you've done it? You'll get more help if you do that.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?