Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Uniform circular motion formula when the object submarge in acid?

1. Dec 23, 2011 #1
    hello friend, this is my first post please go easy on me. the best way i can express my problem is below.
    I attach a pic to give you a better idea.
    A is a circular disk with 4.5" diameter, DISK A is driven by C which is connected to a DC motor. B is a pin diameter of 1 mm which is gonna rotate in a uniform circular motion when DC motor is on. an object will be on each pin(B) which is hollow in the middle like a cylinder.
    if you can imagine everything i mention will be submerged to acid and i am trying to figure out what speed should i run the DC motor to keep the object always in-contact with pin B?

density of acid say =x
    and density of object say =y

is there any other factor i should consider? is it possible to use a formula to find out the velocity of motor. please help its not a home work, its a part of a mechatronic project where physics has nothing to do but because i came into a position where i need to find out the right speed i need physics :(

thank you very much for your help.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted