1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Uniform Circular Motion

1. Oct 5, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I've done an experiment on uniform circular motion. Pretty much, there is a hollow tube and a strong goes through it. One one end is a stopper and on the other is a weight. I had to spin the stopper side, buy keeping hold of the hollow tube, keeping the string at a constant rotation.

I have to explain how this experiment illustrates all three of Newton's laws of motion.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

First law: The stopper doesn't stay in motion when there is no force exerted on the spinning because of the weight on the other side.
    Second law: The force is based on the mass of the stopper and the acceleration exerted by spinning.
    Third law: Not too sure...

Could someone please correct me if I'm wrong and provide their insight on all three laws?
    Thank you, the help is very much appreciated.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2008 #2

This is due and I need some help, please.
  4. Oct 6, 2008 #3
    Can someone please respond?
  5. Oct 6, 2008 #4
    I know I'm double/triple posting, but I need some insight on this. Please, someone.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?