1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Universe ? infinite/finite, belonging to bigger whole ?

1. Jun 9, 2008 #1

JPC

Hi

the idea of this post came from here
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=1760387#post1760387
    I have browsed through some posts, but didn't really found what i was looking for, so i am making a new post here

/////

Could it be possible, that there be more than one universe, forming a bigger whole.
    Like as we might see an atom as a particle, 'bigger entities' might 'see' a universe as a small particle. the idea, that we can always go higher in particle 'level' (level a : Quark / level a+1 : protons, neutrons, ect / level a+2 : atoms / ... / level a+n / level a + n + 1 / ...)

In the previous post :
    But with a sphere, we can draw boundaries, just like we do a world map. If you cross the boundary you end up on the other side on the map ?
    is that what would happen in the universe ? crossing the edge would make u appear on the far edge ?
    Or did i just didnt understand well what he meant ?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted