1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Universities near Chicago

1. Dec 18, 2006 #1
    I'm not from that area, which is why I ask. Are there any universities near Chicago that have decent physics graduate programs? I know UofChicago has a program that works closely with fermi labs. But how is northwestern? And are there any other schools I may just not have heard of?
    I know its all a matter of opinion, and I need to find what areas of research are most important and such, but I'm just wondering what else there is.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2006 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

First of all, University of Chicago has a "closer" tie with Argonne, although they have recently been awarded, along with others within a consortium, to run Fermilab.

Other universities with very good physics program in the Chicago area are Northwestern University, University of Illinois at Chicago, and Illiniois Institute of Technology.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?