1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools University of Waterloo

1. May 13, 2010 #1
    Hey everyone!

I got accepted to the university of waterloo for computer science honours (BCS), and was wondering about the university's reputation. I know that its considered to be a very good school in Canada (one of the best), but what about international reputation? is it known to be a very good school? I really want to make the right decision. Any useful opinions would be much appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. May 13, 2010 #2
    Hi, it is known for being particularly good in applied math (be it combinatory, statistics, numerical methods). I'm actually planning to apply for a PhD in PDE's there.

4. May 13, 2010 #3
  5. May 13, 2010 #4
  6. May 16, 2010 #5
    Uni of Waterloo is indeed a damn great uni for CS and sciences! as for the international reputation, u have no doubts about it being very well known! Many in Asia and North America will know about the rep of UW in canada!

Stick with u and u will be well rewarded!

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook