University of Waterloo: Reputation Internationally?

• Schools
  • Thread starter spoc21
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary, the conversation discusses being accepted into the University of Waterloo for computer science honours and inquires about the university's reputation, particularly internationally. It is noted that the university is highly regarded in Canada and has a strong reputation in applied math. The conversation also includes a link to a video showcasing the university's impressive reputation, particularly with Microsoft. Overall, the University of Waterloo is considered a great choice for computer science and sciences, with a well-known international reputation.
spoc21
Hey everyone!

I got accepted to the university of waterloo for computer science honours (BCS), and was wondering about the university's reputation. I know that its considered to be a very good school in Canada (one of the best), but what about international reputation? is it known to be a very good school? I really want to make the right decision. Any useful opinions would be much appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, it is known for being particularly good in applied math (be it combinatory, statistics, numerical methods). I'm actually planning to apply for a PhD in PDE's there.

spoc21 said:
Hey everyone!

I got accepted to the university of waterloo for computer science honours (BCS), and was wondering about the university's reputation. I know that its considered to be a very good school in Canada (one of the best), but what about international reputation? is it known to be a very good school? I really want to make the right decision. Any useful opinions would be much appreciated.

Uni of Waterloo is indeed a damn great uni for CS and sciences! as for the international reputation, u have no doubts about it being very well known! Many in Asia and North America will know about the rep of UW in Canada!

Stick with u and u will be well rewarded!

1. What is the international ranking of University of Waterloo?

The University of Waterloo is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in Canada and has a strong global presence. In the 2021 QS World University Rankings, it was ranked 166th in the world, and in the 2021 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, it was ranked 201-250th in the world.

2. What is the reputation of University of Waterloo among employers internationally?

The University of Waterloo has a strong reputation among employers internationally. It is known for producing highly skilled and knowledgeable graduates who are sought after by top companies. In fact, in the 2021 QS Graduate Employability Rankings, it was ranked 13th in the world for graduate employability.

3. How does University of Waterloo rank in terms of research impact globally?

University of Waterloo is a leading research institution, and its research impacts are felt globally. In the 2021 QS World University Rankings by Subject, it was ranked among the top 100 universities in the world for several subjects, including computer science, mathematics, engineering, and social sciences and management.

4. What are some of the international partnerships and collaborations of University of Waterloo?

University of Waterloo has a strong network of international partnerships and collaborations. It has partnerships with over 200 institutions in more than 60 countries, including top universities such as the University of Cambridge, ETH Zurich, and National University of Singapore. These collaborations provide students with opportunities for international exchange and research opportunities.

5. What makes University of Waterloo stand out internationally?

University of Waterloo is known for its innovative and interdisciplinary approach to education. It has a strong focus on experiential learning, which allows students to gain hands-on experience through co-op programs, internships, and research opportunities. Additionally, its strong reputation in fields such as technology, engineering, and business make it stand out internationally as a top university for these disciplines.