University opinions of online A Levels

In summary, it is important to explain your self-taught A-level qualifications clearly and provide evidence of your academic achievements and your ability to study independently when applying for a Physics degree at university.
BL4CKB0X97
Hi

I am going to be getting my A levels through an Online service, as no college in my area does over age A-levels.

I started my A levels in sixth form but got hospitalised through illness for a few months. Never got to finish because of it and when I got out I was still to ill to return. Now I'm mostly fixed I'm eager to return to education after a couple of years out.

I am planning to do a Physics degree, but am cautious of what universities will think of self taught A-levels? Do you think it might lose me a space, even if the grades are good enough?(the exams are with Aqa, so the same as those you would get in school)

Thanks

Likes Dharma
Physics news on Phys.org
for your help!It is possible that universities may view your A-level qualifications differently depending on how they are acquired. Most universities will probably be more interested in the quality of your work rather than how you acquired the qualification. However, it's important to make sure you can explain your qualifications clearly when applying, and that you can provide evidence of your academic achievements if necessary. It is also important to demonstrate that you have the self-motivation and dedication to study independently. With good grades and a strong personal statement, you should be able to make a successful application regardless of your A-level qualifications being online.

1. What is the general opinion of universities regarding online A Levels?

There is no one unified opinion among universities regarding online A Levels. Some universities may view them as equivalent to traditional A Levels, while others may have reservations about the quality of education and the credibility of online courses.

2. Are universities more or less likely to accept students with online A Levels?

The acceptance of students with online A Levels varies among universities. Some universities may have a more open-minded approach and consider online A Levels on par with traditional A Levels, while others may have stricter requirements and may not accept them as readily.

3. Do universities have specific guidelines or criteria for accepting online A Levels?

It depends on the university. Some universities may have specific guidelines for accepting online A Levels, while others may not. It is important for students to research the requirements of the specific universities they are interested in applying to.

4. Do universities value online A Levels from certain providers more than others?

Again, this can vary among universities. Some may have a preference for online A Levels from certain providers, while others may not have a preference as long as the course is accredited and meets their standards.

5. Can students with online A Levels compete with those who have traditional A Levels?

Yes, students with online A Levels can compete with those who have traditional A Levels. What matters most is the knowledge and skills gained through the course, rather than the mode of delivery. It is important for students to showcase their academic abilities and achievements in their university applications.