Identifying Unknown IC Device with "A04E 1032 889N" Marking

• Thread starter Jiggy-Ninja
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Device Ic
In summary, the conversation is about someone trying to identify an IC device in their school kit but they have lost the parts list. They have tried searching on various websites but have been unsuccessful. The device appears to be a small Hall Effect sensor with three radial leads and markings of "A" and "04E" on one side and numbers "1032" and "889N" on the other. The person suggests asking the EE club or TAs for help in finding a data sheet or manufacturer information. They also mention that smaller packages have less information available.
Jiggy-Ninja
I've got an IC device that I can't identify in my school kit. I've lost the parts list, so I can'tlook it up on there. Googling and searching on Mouser and Digikey is a dead end. I think it's a Hall Effect sensor, but without a datasheet I've no clue how to use it.

It has three radial leads like a TO-92 package, but it's only about half as big as that. On the curved side it has a stylized "A" with the letters 04E under it. On the flat side, it has the numbers 1032 889N.

Any idea what this is, where I can find a data sheet, or at least a clue on who makes it?

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'd ask the folks who put the kit together (probably the EE club if your school is like mine) or the TAs. They should be able to give you the manufacturer or at least a function if not part number. Unfortunately, the smaller the package, the less information you can cram on it.

Last edited:

1. What does the "A04E 1032 889N" marking on the IC device mean?

The "A04E 1032 889N" marking is a unique identifier assigned by the manufacturer to the specific IC device. It includes information such as the product code, batch number, and date of manufacture.

2. How can I identify the manufacturer of the IC device using the "A04E 1032 889N" marking?

The first two letters of the marking ("A04") typically represent the manufacturer's code. You can search for a list of manufacturer codes online to find the company associated with the IC device. However, keep in mind that some manufacturers may use the same code, so it is not always a reliable method.

3. Is it possible to determine the type or function of the IC device based on the "A04E 1032 889N" marking?

The "A04E" portion of the marking is usually the product code, which can give some indication of the type or function of the IC device. However, this information is not always publicly available, and the best way to determine the type of the IC device is to consult the manufacturer's datasheet or contact them directly.

4. Can I find the datasheet for the IC device using the "A04E 1032 889N" marking?

In most cases, the manufacturer's website will have a search function where you can enter the product code (in this case, "A04E") to find the datasheet for the IC device. If the manufacturer's website does not have this feature, you can try searching for the product code and "datasheet" on a search engine.

5. What other methods can I use to identify an IC device with the "A04E 1032 889N" marking?

Aside from the methods mentioned above, you can also try using an IC identification tool or app, which uses image recognition technology to identify IC devices. You can also contact the manufacturer directly and provide them with the marking to request more information about the IC device.