3. Borg

Borg 1,235
    Gold Member

1 person likes this.
  4. adjacent

adjacent 1,535
    Gold Member

No.

Ah,finally its gone. I reclaimed my ownership and deleted those accounts. However,I can't still understand why this unknown username was present there. Has this happened with thy computer before?

5. Borg

Borg 1,235
    Gold Member

Probably. I usually just delete accounts that I don't recognize. Sometimes software installations will create accounts like that. If everything else is operating OK, then I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would just check over the next few weeks to see if they reappear. If so, then a lookup of the GUIDs in the registry would be in order.

6. adjacent

adjacent 1,535
    Gold Member

What is that? And why do thou do that? (:rofl: This old fashioned English is very funny. Is it allowed here,Mentors?)

7. Borg

Borg 1,235
    Gold Member

The GUID is a Global Unique IDentifier. It's that S-1-.... part in the parenthesis. The Windows registry heavily uses that to uniquely identify things. If you search for the GUIDs from the unknown users, you'll probably find that it references some software that you've installed.

8. Was this computer ever part of a domain?
    When a domain system is disconnected from the network, account information cannot be retrieved because the computer cannot reach the active directory for user info.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted