Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Unnerving wording in UN Resolution

1. Oct 31, 2005 #1
    Considering the way in which Iraq was invaded:

We all know how the USA interpreted this the last time.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 31, 2005 #2
    Bolton comes to mind.
  4. Oct 31, 2005 #3
    Question: If the USA does decide to go into Syria and the Far right wackjobs still consider this to be the destination of all those WMD from Iraq, do they just select a new country at random or is there a formula for deciding where they get 'shipped' to the next time?

Did Saddam master 'weather control' and produce a sandstorm on command to facilitate this?

For the non-tinfoiled among us, do they consider all the bad weather in the last little while a way of disguising what they are doing?

"Enquiring minds want to know.®©"
  5. Oct 31, 2005 #4
    "We have satellite pictures of the weapons being moved into Fiji. Would I lie to you?" :smile:
  6. Oct 31, 2005 #5
    LA-la-la-la You can't get me anymore
  7. Oct 31, 2005 #6
    But Evo can and yes ... I AM talking to myself!!!!! Bwahahhah.
  8. Oct 31, 2005 #7
    Oh yeah? Well, 9-11 we're currently researching a new 9-11 mind-control device which will allow us 9-11 to control demo...er...terrorists. This will help us win the War on Terror, and it's God's will. 9-11 9-11 9-11. So there!
  9. Oct 31, 2005 #8
    The Saddam sandstorm machine would make great conspiracy theory stuff! You might be able to get on drudge, limbaugh, and fox.:rofl:

The real problem with this whole line that is being pursued at the UN is the fact that Syria and Iran have some backers that may may not stand for it. According to these two articles, it seems that China and Russia will have a problem with any kind of invasion plans that the house monkeys are trying to conjure up, perhaps to distract from their current debacle.

An Iran-Russia-China axis?
    China, Russia Oppose U.S. Threat to Punish Syria Over Hariri
  10. Oct 31, 2005 #9
    Well, like Dick said, "the good Lord didn't see fit to put oil and gas reserves where there are democratic governments." ... and since China has a big contract with Iran ... And America quashed Unocal ... Ummm. Sorry where were we going with this? Did the USA intend to get support from this side of the ocean?
  11. Oct 31, 2005 #10
    And Shhhh ... I'm working on an exclusinve deal with the 700 Club and as soon as we get the image of Satan Photoshopped into the sand cloud things look to be a done deal.
  12. Oct 31, 2005 #11

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not the USA, just those in power at the moment. Bush and his crooks are not "the USA".
  13. Nov 1, 2005 #12
    USA = US Government = Bush = Aliens

Going along with the theme here...
  14. Nov 1, 2005 #13

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The USA is defined by the Constitution and not the person who happens to be sitting in the oval office today.

Was the aliens thing just a cheap shot is that supposed to mean something?
  15. Nov 1, 2005 #14
    I'm sorry ... the USA is a democracy. Nit pick all you want but you are 'ruled/led' by the actions of one man decided by the will of the people.

Voting or apathy in not voting result in the same decision ... that the will of the people ... America is done IN YOUR NAME.

Now we can HOPE that common sense takes over next time and you get a decent leader but when we talk of Gemany during the second world war, we rarely mention Karl in Dusseldorf who didn't really want Hitler in power. From the outside, you are viewed in the same light.

Bush acts for you because this is the 'social contract' you have that is your constitution.

Hey, I know your pain ... as a white guy with brown hair and hazel eyes, I can't go to a lot of places in this world that I was used to going for the same reason ... PEOPLE THINK I'M AMERICAN.

I deal with it.

So should you.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?