Who Creates Unofficial Facebook Pages for Local Businesses?

• Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
In summary, an unofficial facebook page is a page created by a user or group that is not associated with the official brand or organization. You can tell if a page is unofficial by looking at the page name and profile picture. It is important to use caution when interacting with these pages as they may contain inappropriate or misleading information. You can report an unofficial page by clicking on the three dots and selecting "Report Page". To protect your brand, you can claim your official page and regularly monitor it for any unauthorized pages, and report any that may be infringing on your brand's identity or reputation.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
I notice that various local businesses have "unofficial" Facebook pages. Does Facebook itself create these pages?

Physics news on Phys.org
As far as I know at least some fb profiles are automatically created from the wikipedia pages. I have seen such profiles of actors and at least one game producer.

1. What is an unofficial facebook page?

An unofficial facebook page is a page on Facebook that is created by a user or group rather than by an official brand or organization. These pages are not associated with the official page and are not managed or monitored by the brand or organization.

2. How can I tell if a page is an unofficial facebook page?

You can tell if a page is an unofficial facebook page by looking at the page name and profile picture. Official pages will have the brand or organization's name and logo, while unofficial pages may have a variation of the name or a different profile picture.

3. Are unofficial facebook pages safe?

It depends on the page and its content. Some unofficial pages may contain inappropriate or misleading information, while others may be harmless. It is important to use caution when interacting with any page on Facebook.

4. Can I report an unofficial facebook page?

Yes, you can report an unofficial facebook page by clicking on the three dots on the top right corner of the page and selecting "Report Page". From there, you can choose the reason for reporting the page and submit it for review by Facebook.

5. How can I protect my brand from unofficial facebook pages?

You can protect your brand from unofficial facebook pages by claiming your official page and regularly monitoring it for any unauthorized pages. You can also report any unofficial pages that may be infringing on your brand's identity or causing harm to your brand's reputation.